The weekend box office results have arrived, and a familiar face has once again risen to the top of the charts. Kung Fu Panda 3 took the No.1 spot with an estimated $41 million dollars. This makes the franchise three-for-three in regards to the movies debuting at the No.1 spot. However, Kung Fu Panda 3 did not do as well as its predecessors, which made $60 million and $47 million respectively. But given the popularity of the property, it can be guessed that it’ll still do well.
The other main releases only had decent box office numbers. With, The Finest Hours, debuting in 4th place. Not surprisingly though, Oscar nominated The Revenant remained strong at second place, with Star Wars: The Force Awakens, coming in third. The big movie season will be starting soon, with Deadpool kicking things off, then Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice coming a little over a month after. It’ll be intriguing to see how the box office results do once they arrive.
Here are the Top 10 weekend box office estimates via Rentrak:
1. Kung Fu Panda 3 $41 million
2. The Revenant $12.4 million
3. Star Wars: The Force Awakens $10.8 million
4. The Finest Hours $10.3 million
5. Ride Along 2 $8.3 million
6. The Boy $7.9 million
7. Dirty Grandpa $7.6 million
8. The 5th Wave $7 million
9. Fifty Shades of Black $6.2 million
10. 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi $6 million