Irony Curtain is a new comedic point-and-click adventure with puzzle elements. Welcome to Matryoska, a Communist nation in the heyday of the Cold War. Working as a spy, you’ve got to sneak your way around the closed-off country’s government, pretend to befriend a cast of nutty characters, and possibly prevent the end of the world, but no promises there.
The team behind Irony Curtain just revealed the dates of release for the console versions — and it’s very soon! Expect the game on Playstation 4 June 25, on Nintendo Switch June 27, and on XBox One June 28.
- Original, fictional Cold War era setting – An alternate reality unbound by historical accuracy. Explore communistic Matryoshka full of absurd situations and determined citizens who’ll work all possible angles to navigate this illogical, odd country.
- A spy intrigue story – Sleeper spies, stolen secrets and world-domination plots wrapped in layers of humor.
- Quirky characters – Strong archetypes with their own personalities, preferences and backstories. Meet the mysterious Leader ruling Matryoshka with an irony fist, the clueless and gullible Evan, the brave and witty Agent Anna, the notorious Minister of Propaganda and more.
- Inspired by classic point-and-clicks – But better! No dream-logic. No pixel hunting.
- Do it your way – Some of the puzzles are non-linear and can be solved in two or more ways.
- 21 hand-painted locations – that look surprisingly better than their original inspirations.
- 1,951 cleverly smuggled-in easter eggs – some of them punishable by political imprisonment.
- An anthem for the nations – no more irksome elevator music. Irony Curtain’s score is as grand as Matryoshka itself, written by the state composer Arkadiusz Reikowski (known from Layers of Fear, Observer, Kholat, My Brother Rabbit) with Main Theme by Peter McConnell (Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, Broken Age).
- Full, professional voice-over – Fully voiced in English, with subtitles in Polish and German.
That’s Irony Curtain, debuting later this month on consoles. If you can’t wait (learn patience, it’s only a few hours), the game is available now on PC, via Steam and GOG.