Arc System Works’ classic fighting series Guilty Gear is at last playable on Nintendo Switch — and doubly so. Arc has released two installments at once from the series’ arcade past: the original 1998 Guilty Gear, and the 2006 sequel Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R.
The releases are unchanged from their original forms, aside from the fact that Plus R is the enhanced version of Guilty Gear XX Accent Core. With the original GG, you get these features:
- The original 13 character cast!
Revisit your favorite characters and special moves.
- Pixel perfect!
A faithful reproduction of the original heavy metal fighting game in all its 2D glory.
- Deadly attacks!
Unleash furious attack chains with “Gatling Combinations” then finish them off with instant kill “Destroy Attacks”.
And with XX Accent Core Plus R, you get all this:
- Full 25 character cast! Accent Core Plus marked the return of fan favorites Kliff Undersn and Justice, rounding out the cast of 25 playable characters. And in the Plus R version (this one!), they, alongside everyone else, have been fine-tuned for more competitive play!
- Modes by the Bucketload! All-time series favorite modes are back: Survival, M.O.M., Mission, and Training Modes.
- So Metal! The game features the Korean soundtrack, composed and contributed to the 2003 title ”GUILTY GEAR XX #RELOAD,” by renowned Korean rock artist Shin Hae Chul.
- Online Multiplayer! Go up against your friends (or enemies, or strangers) in Ranked or Player matches, using the magic of the internet. Ranked matches track your wins, while Player matches don’t — so just have fun!
Guilty Gear and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R are both available on the Nintendo eShop today, rated T for Teens. The former is $9.99, the latter costs $12.99.