Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger EP 29- "All Out War! Dance Carnival!"

Give Utchy a break for this time guys. His old friend is being controlled by the enemies, that is sure to put his morale down.

And nobody realises Sanjo's recycling Phillip's controversial death plot. bummer.
Why they put a lot of spoilers for the movie in this ep? Makes me hating myself for not flying to Japan to watch it now.:shakefist

Even alive, Yayoi is put in the same frame as the Spirit Ranger....

Yayoi did a roll call with the main six senshis when she premiered, but unfortunately that was the only time she did. Dunno why they insisted on keeping the main roster to six, and not including Yayoi.

I do like the roll call of the three neglected senshis, though.
 
So I was wondering what all of the criticism regarding this episode was all about... I started it, and it was amazing. Torin's death, his backstory with his brother, all of it was RIDICULOUSLY well-done. Very emotional and well-acted. And then the spirit Rangers fight (minus Yayoi, love how she mentions that haha)... Oh man! That was intense. Some great action, and love how they got their own roll-call. (Hey btw, is Tessai's actor a real martial-artist? His moves were really smooth.)

Then came the movie reference. And hey, I actually liked it! It was nice to tie things into the movie, and I'm glad they took an explanation scene directly from it so it all felt relevant. And all of them singing to revive Torin gave me goosebumps. I guess we have our music Sentai this season! ;) Torin getting revived so fast didn't bug me as much as I thought it would, seemed appropriate.

Then the Carnival fight. Here is where it fell apart. Don't get me wrong, the action was EXTREMELY good. Koichi Sakamoto is a master at this stuff, but I always feel that when it comes to showing gimmicks, he never takes the shortcuts out, unlike other directors. It was the same for Fourze's switches. And it pisses me off.

How many freaking times do we have to watch KyoryuRed stick the battery in Mini-Tyra's mouth? Seriously! We got it the first time, stop already. Oh you're going to show it another 3 times? Seriously? :redface2:

This could have been avoided if they only showcased one Carnival form. BUT NOPE they showcased allllll of em. That's nice... But Kyoryuger has never felt more like a toy commercial than this.

And holy crap! Dogold using Endolf has his host would be really cool if it wasn't treated like a throwaway scene. The story really suffered this episode. It's unfortunate. It went from being an amazing episode to a sub-par one.

Oh well, overall the Endolf arc was really good. No complaints about the last 3.
 
So I was wondering what all of the criticism regarding this episode was all about... I started it, and it was amazing. Torin's death, his backstory with his brother, all of it was RIDICULOUSLY well-done. Very emotional and well-acted. And then the spirit Rangers fight (minus Yayoi, love how she mentions that haha)... Oh man! That was intense. Some great action, and love how they got their own roll-call. (Hey btw, is Tessai's actor a real martial-artist? His moves were really smooth.)

Then came the movie reference. And hey, I actually liked it! It was nice to tie things into the movie, and I'm glad they took an explanation scene directly from it so it all felt relevant. And all of them singing to revive Torin gave me goosebumps. I guess we have our music Sentai this season! ;) Torin getting revived so fast didn't bug me as much as I thought it would, seemed appropriate.

Then the Carnival fight. Here is where it fell apart. Don't get me wrong, the action was EXTREMELY good. Koichi Sakamoto is a master at this stuff, but I always feel that when it comes to showing gimmicks, he never takes the shortcuts out, unlike other directors. It was the same for Fourze's switches. And it pisses me off.

How many freaking times do we have to watch KyoryuRed stick the battery in Mini-Tyra's mouth? Seriously! We got it the first time, stop already. Oh you're going to show it another 3 times? Seriously? :redface2:

This could have been avoided if they only showcased one Carnival form. BUT NOPE they showcased allllll of em. That's nice... But Kyoryuger has never felt more like a toy commercial than this.

And holy crap! Dogold using Endolf has his host would be really cool if it wasn't treated like a throwaway scene. The story really suffered this episode. It's unfortunate. It went from being an amazing episode to a sub-par one.

Oh well, overall the Endolf arc was really good. No complaints about the last 3.

Couldn't agree more. It was REALLY good UNTIL the Carnival part. I particularly liked the old Sentai vibe from the short chase scene involving Nossan's truck.

I don't mind the wackiness of Carnival, but it was just simply overdone this episode. I really didn't mind showcasing all the forms, but I didn't like it explaining to me how to insert batteries into the toy each and every time. There were a couple of ways they could've made it less irritating.

The Dogold/Luckyuro stuff at the end was like a breathe of fresh air. At least something to leave it on a good note.
 
I also agree with you guys on the Carnival part. Kids are not stupid; you don't have to show them so many times on how to insert in the Dino batteries. The first time Daigo did it, it was fine. Second time became a bit annoying. Third time was tiresome. And the FOURTH time was an overkill. Did Bandai forced them to include those scenes just to sell toys? Next time Toei, you should just let Daigo display the three batteries and leave it at that.
 
Something is wrong with this fandom when there are people saying this wasn't one of the greatest episodes of Sentai ever.

It was. Until the part when they decide to commercialize how to put a battery inside a toy gun.

I guess people already forgot that before being a Spirit Ranger, Deai Masayuki was an Ashu hunter and a part of special assassin group that tried to destroy Fuuto.:P

I read somewhere that the reason Yayoi became Violet is because Sakamoto pushed on it. Maybe Sakamoto doesn't insist on her fighting with the main six since she was already part of the team. Guess Sakamoto just wants to prevent a sausage-fest.

When Silver debuts, I wish for a two-team roll-call, the with Utchy, Ramirez, Tessai, Yayoi and Silver as a separate team.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top