K

Kamen Rider IXA

Not to mention it's the first Heisei series to humanize villains to such degree. It felt like human-vs-human conflict like never before.
A little correction here. I meant villains as in "monsters". Ryuki had literal humans as bad guys yeah, but 555 turned classic formula of Rider fighting monsters on its head.

Do people seriously believe any crossover movie is canon?

If the movie is the only thing that fills in the blanks about certain events in TV show, and the TV show itself makes reference to those events, then yes. Doesn't matter what Shirakura said if the movies and TV shows contradict that statement. Maybe some specific movies are not canon, and maybe the majority of the ones that are only have select scenes that matter. You just have to watch and be your own judge.

Besides, I am beginning to feel that whatever was said about crossover movies is either being taken out of context or just being misunderstood somehow. Canon or not, Toei needs those movies to be successful just like their merchandise sales. It seems weird to say something that would dissuade people from seeing the movies. I realize there was a time when movies really were just bonus features that had no impact on the show, but that's been slowly changing since the second half of the Heisei era. At least for Rider, anyways.

D

Dr Kain

The only movies that could even be remotely considered canonical are certain ones like the Fourze/OOO movie and stuff like that.

I also don't like how Toei seems to be confusing people with Sentai either. Like NONE of the series since Dynaman are actually canonical with each other. You would not believe how many comments I get on my Ohranger video saying something like, "How can this show take place in 1999 when GoGoFive takes place in 1999?" I'm not sure if I should face palm or educate.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Do people seriously believe any crossover movie is canon?
Techincally Drive's Taisen should be canon (since Drive's countiuning all its monsters, including the one from Drive vs Ninnin, which leads directly into Taisen), but not according to Shirakura.

It seems weird to say something that would dissuade people from seeing the movies.
Toei doesn't really care about past movies. They've stopped making Spring crossovers and have have been trying to connect summer movies to TV for quite some time.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Like NONE of the series since Dynaman are actually canonical with each other.
Yes they are, with the exception of Kyuranger they all take place in one continuity. As for Ohranger/GoGo-V debacle it's simple: They take place in different regions of Japan. Lets not forget: One company from Megaranger had its logo in GoGo-V, a minor character from GoGo-V reappeared in an episode of Timeranger, and Ninninger had Kakuranger, Hurricanger, Magiranger, and Jiraiya as guest stars. That and the Zyuohger/Gokaiger crossover cementing continuity into each other. They don't contradict. Also Metal Heroes is in the same continuity so yeah.

D

Dr Kain

Yes they are, with the exception of Kyuranger they all take place in one continuity. As for Ohranger/GoGo-V debacle it's simple: They take place in different regions of Japan. Lets not forget: One company from Megaranger had its logo in GoGo-V, a minor character from GoGo-V reappeared in an episode of Timeranger, and Ninninger had Kakuranger, Hurricanger, Magiranger, and Jiraiya as guest stars. That and the Zyuohger/Gokaiger crossover cementing continuity into each other. They don't contradict. Also Metal Heroes is in the same continuity so yeah.

No, they don't. They are seperate continuities like Final Fantasy.

Your statement about GGF and Oh being in different regions doesn't work either as Baranoia conquered everyone but Japan, while in GGF, the rest of the world is just fine.

Just because there is a Hurri, Kaku, and Magi team in Nin does not mean those series take place in that universe. If they did, they would have talked about the Youkai being locked up by the Kakurangers instead of Ninningers from long ago. Gokaiger is in its own universe where all of the teams do exist.

No, they don't. They are seperate continuities like Final Fantasy.
I would like a reliable source stating this.
Your statement about GGF and Oh being in different regions doesn't work either as Baranoia conquered everyone but Japan, while in GGF, the rest of the world is just fine.
We don't see the rest of the world in GoGo-V, it's all in Japan.
Just because there is a Hurri, Kaku, and Magi team in Nin does not mean those series take place in that universe
It kind of does actually.
If they did, they would have talked about the Youkai being locked up by the Kakurangers instead of Ninningers from long ago.
The yokai are of two different species entirely. One is formed from a specific type of negative energy Daimaoh used, the other is created from objects using magic shurikens. It's like the short and long finned mako sharks, very similar but are not the same animal.
Gokaiger is in its own universe where all of the teams do exist.
Yeah, the main continuity. Explain Zyuohger's celebration episodes with them.

D

Dr Kain

I would like a reliable source stating this.

Ha, like I need to prove anything to you.

We don't see the rest of the world in GoGo-V, it's all in Japan.

I need to see a reliable source stating the rest of the world conquered.

The yokai are of two different species entirely. One is formed from a specific type of negative energy Daimaoh used, the other is created from objects using magic shurikens. It's like the short and long finned mako sharks, very similar but are not the same animal.

That's not how that works. If it did, they each wouldn't have their own Gashadokuros, Umibouzos, Kamaitachis, etc.

Yeah, the main continuity. Explain Zyuohger's celebration episodes with them.

That still doesn't make it all in one universe. It doesn't work.

Ha, like I need to prove anything to you.
It would be effort to validate your position, I don't do this for the likes.
I need to see a reliable source stating the rest of the world conquered.
You brought it up.
That's not how that works.
It's literally in both series in the introductory episodes.
That still doesn't make it all in one universe. It doesn't work.
Still waiting for that citation. If you can't find a citation then point out contradictions and continuity errors. I'm trying to give you leeway.