Zangyack; most boring villains ever?

Obviously, it is that the Black Cross King is a polite villain who makes sure that he goes through all the proper channels and signs all the requisite forms, in triplicate, before beginning his campaign of terror and destruction to crush the hopes and dreams of all who live beneath his heel.

Ah! Well, that's secret societies for you.
 
I agree that the Zangyack being underdeveloped and non-threatening at times is a legitimate criticism, but comparing them to the Vyram, one of the best (if not the best) Sentai villain groups ever, I think is unfair. I personally don't care much for the Zangyack, but after the last two episodes, I'm hoping we'll see the potential we saw in the early episodes, at least from the emperor. There's also Basco, who despite his lack of screentime, has been the best villain on Gokaiger so far.

Other than the villains, however, I think Gokaiger has hit the mark on everything else it's set out to accomplish. Most of the tribute episodes are well-written, the storyline is descent, the cast is solid. It's taken the writers a while to get around to developing all of the characters, but they're getting there.

I guess even after 20 years the bar jetman set was high, but i like i said, for an empire that made 34 sentai teams and their assistants drain their powers, im expecting a lot more. But i do hope with the prince gone, it will now set the necessary tone to raise the stakes higher.

But i do enjoy basco as a lot more. Hes a great fighter and a tactician. The fact that hes really a coward despite how strong he is is what makes him a good villain imho

I think gokaiger is an enjoyable series. I think the development on don and why hes important to the team when he doubts himself is really dragging on a bit but i am hoping its for the right reasons
 
I think the development on don and why hes important to the team when he doubts himself is really dragging on a bit

?!
the last episode about this was 19, when he was jealous of the new guy
last time Don got a focus was on 32 and they made it clear that he is confident on his skills now. when was the last time you saw Don hiding behind someone upon seeing an enemy ?
 
Just saw the movie last night and enjoyed it. It was not without its flaws but in many ways it was almost like an antidote for the Decade movies. I think I enjoyed the movie more than I have the series really. I also enjoyed seeing the GoSeigers again and Nozomu.

One thing they established that really should have been in the show is that part of the reason they sent out the current set of villains because as far as they know the threat of Super Sentai has been eliminated so they think Earth is easy pickens.

Wheras in the show it seems like the Gokaigers are fighting the same forces that battled the other 34 teams yet now suddenly they're having trouble putting up a fight with just one.

Man, I kind of wish Black Cross King had just been the villain of the series. The first Sentai villain is back, he's pissed, and he's gonna make sure no Super Sentai can ever happen again and it's up to the new team to ensure the legacy of Super Sentai shall not perish from the Earth. ..even when the villain is shooting that legacy at their face. :laugh:
 
The Zangyack characters, I notice, are a bit more assertive in the movie. You actually get a proper scene of Barizorg and Insarn heading down to Earth to preside over a battle between their foot soldiers and the Gokaigers,which makes the fight feel a bit more personal and intense.

Damaras's relationship with Walz Gil is dramatized a little more clearly and you get a better idea of why Walz Gil is hesitant and ineffective. Kinda wish the show handled the characters a bit more like this, I think it would address most of the problems people have with Zangyack.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top