You know what would be nice? Kamen Rider Musou.

Rider Generation is a 2D sidescrolling beat 'em up (much like Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, Final Fight, etc.). That's completely different from Musou. Musou is a game like Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors or Warriors Orochi.
Oh, I see, it looked like a beat 'em up to me.

I have had this discussion before with IRL commrades. Most combat heavy fandoms could benefit from the Musou treatment, but Kamen Rider could potentially be the best. Plus considering they have released a Gundam, One Piece and Saint Seiya Musou, I don't see why a Rider Musou is out of the question. With the recent decision to only include Japanese voice overs in Warriors Orochi 3, Sengoku Basara being released on the PS3...as Sengoku Basara, and a general increase in gamers welcoming Japanese games that are closer to there original states, there may even be a chance of a U.S. release for the game. Assuming the mechanics are astounding, Toei would allow it, and U.S. citizrns suddenly get a mass infection of Toku fever brought about by a prime time airing of GARO. Eh, anything can happen.
I wonder why do they not take advantage? It would expand the market and make them earn more money, which in turn makes them release more things for fans worldwide while making more profit from it. Everyone wins.
They should at least give it one try.
 
Oh, I see, it looked like a beat 'em up to me.


I wonder why do they not take advantage? It would expand the market and make them earn more money, which in turn makes them release more things for fans worldwide while making more profit from it. Everyone wins.
They should at least give it one try.

Power rangers syndrome commrade; And they did try it once. When Dino thunder showed its Abaranger episode I think they were testing U.S. kids to see how they would react to Dubbed Sentai. Apparently they didn't react well enough. That being said I have let my ten year old sister and five year old brother watch alot of OOO and some Gokaiger and both were enthralled. My little brother can even Climax heroes with the best of us. That being said I think it comes down to the power rangers stigma most U.S. networks have. In my mind the best way to test the U.S. market would be with a limited release of Kamen Rider All Stars 2. It would be amazingly easy to translate into english and would appeal to Beat Em Up fans as well as fans of such games as Super Dodgeball, or even Sidescroller fans. After that it would just take time and effort to create a larger, more open fanbase; kids specifically. A new age of Dubbed Toku for kids could start any day...hopfully quality dubs.
 
I think it would be different from a dub, part of the Power Rangers syndrome is the fact that what people see is a guy in a full-body suit (which with Kamen Rider actually varies, I've had people mistake some Riders for Metroid characters, IronMan-kind-of-heroes and Mechas), this diminishes a bit when it's not live-action.

I'd rather have them make a Kamen Rider/Super Sentai anime, it would attract a HUGE audience while reducing the Ranger stigma. Either that, or a videogame like this.

First time I ever saw Kamen Rider, it was in a videogame. Long story short, it left such an impact on me that here I am.
You could say my opinion is biased because of this, but there's the fact that a japanese videogame about Kamen Rider attracted a foreign viewer to the franchise forever.
 
I think it would be different from a dub, part of the Power Rangers syndrome is the fact that what people see is a guy in a full-body suit (which with Kamen Rider actually varies, I've had people mistake some Riders for Metroid characters, IronMan-kind-of-heroes and Mechas), this diminishes a bit when it's not live-action.

I'd rather have them make a Kamen Rider/Super Sentai anime, it would attract a HUGE audience while reducing the Ranger stigma. Either that, or a videogame like this.

First time I ever saw Kamen Rider, it was in a videogame. Long story short, it left such an impact on me that here I am.
You could say my opinion is biased because of this, but there's the fact that a japanese videogame about Kamen Rider attracted a foreign viewer to the franchise forever.

So basically, you want a franchise that was once a live action series that took the form of a manga and back again to be animated [which we know will get an obligatory live action reboot on the silver screen] Are you crazy?

I love that idea. :buttrock:

Animation can do so much more than live action could, and modern Riders would fit perfectly with anime, and with the success of similar heroes in this realm, Kamen Rider would be groundbreaking in the approach. Not to mention, if it had roots in Ishinomori's world with his other characters like 009, I'd support that as well.

Call me crazy, but I would rather see an American animated take done by the creators of the DCAU on Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon. I'd rather have the latter ,but if someone did the Riders some justice in this form, I'd like that.

But who would animate it? I want either Korra's animation studio or Bones or Madhouse to do the animation.
 
I normally would be against an animated Rider series...yet there is a certain appeal to it. I don't want to loose my live action awsome, but more toku style animated series would definately be a good thing. One manga comes to mind: Junk: Record of the last hero. I have only read the first volume of this manga, but I would love to see it in anime form.

With awsome series like Kikaider, Skullman, 009, etc. it only makes sense to have KR and maybe even SS have some kind of animated release. I wouldn't want that to become the norm, but I would still like to see it on a couple of occasions and maybe start up a second franchise to support it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junk:_Record_of_the_Last_Hero


:over9000:
 
Weirdly enough, I just saw a My Little Pony image expressing excitement for the announcement of this game. Then I came straight here to discuss it....'tis a strange world we live in.


If there's any chance that this game will be playable by a person that can't read Japanese, then Glamador will be ALL OVER IT.

It's a musou game: Start mission, kill bad guys dead, unlock stuff, repeat.

Besides somebody WILL make a guide for more complex missions. My friend got the new Sengoku Bassara for the PS3 and was able to unlock pretty much everything with only a few mission translation guides. Also I just got a PS3, the only console that isn't region locked! This was meant to be! Thank you Jesus! Now what sort of roster will we get? What sort of villians? With something like Musou it could be...anything...I mean Warriors Orochi 3 had something like 120 characters not including generic NPCs. I'll have to think about this.

I think Battlride is something else alt...not sure yet. Then again the bikes would play a part in getting around. Wonder how they will utalize the bike's various abilities.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top