"You don't look like a Power Rangers or *insert title here* fan..."

Well, I've told my friends. two of them laughed their asses off, one just went with it & the other three began reminicing about their childhoods & watching MMPR. One of them actually started joking that I was making him want to watch PR when I started talking about the death scenes from Time Force, Lost Galaxy, etc.

Though, people who don't know me either think that I'm either a goth or a psycho killer- it's really fun using that second one to my advantage!:laugh:

As far as I go, I do think I look like a nerd... the real question is what do I look like a nerd of? *thinks about it until falls asleep, wakes up hours later with a start*

Yeah, I don't know.
 
I don't get that, but that's probably because I've only told this to my closest friends... and maybe I do look like a geek. Or maybe not...
Everyone knows I'm a fan of the Undertaker since I was a kid, and well... to make things short some people say I'm scary at times.
What's so great about this? There was this one time I told a guy: ''I go to church'', and not only him, but everyone in the room turned around at me, shocked.
It was hilarious.
 
I'm SUPER open with my fandoms and I'm not your typical "geek" by society's standards, I guess. I like my fair share of toku and comics, but I also try to look nice and stay aware of other parts of culture too. I mean, what really constitutes a geek? Someone who's passionate about a certain aspect of popular or cult culture while remaining ignorant to other aspects of the culture around them? I don't see why people think that only a certain group of people who look and act a certain way are categorized as "geeks" while everyone else who doesn't fit the stereotypical mold aren't... A person can't have various interests? PEOPLE NEED TO KEEP THEIR LABELS TO THEMSELVES, YO.
 
Back in high school people for some reason thought I was a stoner/druggie, which is kind of strange because I have never smoked anything or done any drugs in my entire life. I can also count the number of alcoholic drinks I've had on my fingers.

The main one is that people tend to think I'm some sort of genius. My family didn't get our first computer until I was in tenth grade, but all throughout my childhood everyone thought I was some sort of computer wiz based solely on the fact that I was a pudgy kid that wore glasses.
 
Ha ha, story of my life.

"You like comics and video games? But... you're a girl."

Trust me, I get the same thing. Girls apparently are a taboo in "boy" culture.

Lol I've never met another female toku fan in real life in fact every girl I talk too thinks my love of Toku is lame.

On the same note people I dunno people probably would assume I like japanese stuff because I am asian and I dress and look the part. People do get surprised by my tastes in music though. People get surprise when I tell them I am a huge taylor swift fan considering my entire music library is pretty much all rap music.
 
With Me (6 foot 3 inchs white male brown hair and eyes and weigh 300 pounds with 30 % bodyfat), people get surprised when I tell them I hate country music and love Heavy Metal.
 
When people find out I majored in computer science (because I was a fan of computers!), I get a lot of strange looks and pauses. (Someone even had the nerve to say, "Well, at least I majored in something I enjoyed." Pssh.)

When I tell other computer science majors that I enjoy programming (because I'm a fan of programming!), I get "are you crazy!?" looks?


For the former, I don't know if the reactions are due to me being a girl, or a ~5' Hispanic girl who looks 17.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top