X-Play Best of 2007 Awards - Who Do YOU Pick?

Pictures! O__O

But what is better.. Beatmania or DDR?

Read bolded quote for my answer.

Most Original:
Assassin's Creed/Portal (can't decide)

Best Gameplay Innovation
Halo 3 (Forge/Replays/Screenshots)

Best Multiplayer Game
Rock Band

Best Action/Adventure Game
Super Mario Galaxy

Best Sports Game
Forza Motorsport 2

Best Shooter
BioShock/Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Best Role Playing Game
Mass Effect

Best New Character
Weighted Companion Cube (Portal)

Best Art Direction
Assassin's Creed

Best Animation
Heavenly Sword

Best Writing/Story
Portal

Best Original Soundtrack
Halo 3

Best Sound Design
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Best Downloadable Content
The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles (XBL)

Best Strategy Game
World In Conflict
 
What from the above doesn't make them seem like gamers?

And..... what's Beatmania? >___>

Those are all Generic picks IMO. And exactly how is assassins creed innovative I will never get that. But Ayumi is right X-Play look down on gamers. Not sure if it is just how the writers write for the hosts or what. I do know that The show is so awful IMO all those useless unfunny skits they do.

The guys that hosted the Electric Playground did a review show, and I liked them. They did honest reviews with out all the pointless nonsense you get on X-Play. The fact that they gave a bunch of games 3's for a long time to promote rentals on gamefly also proves they are less then ethical about their reviews.

When it comes to Japanese RPG's they are just useless IMO. Take Tales of the Abyss they had the nerve to call it "generic". I am sorry but anyone that has played that game and gotten through the story knows there is nothing generic about that games story or gameplay. That is just one small example of their bias against Japanese RPG's.
 
Those are all Generic picks IMO. And exactly how is assassins creed innovative I will never get that. But Ayumi is right X-Play look down on gamers. Not sure if it is just how the writers write for the hosts or what. I do know that The show is so awful IMO all those useless unfunny skits they do.

The guys that hosted the Electric Playground did a review show, and I liked them. They did honest reviews with out all the pointless nonsense you get on X-Play. The fact that they gave a bunch of games 3's for a long time to promote rentals on gamefly also proves they are less then ethical about their reviews.

When it comes to Japanese RPG's they are just useless IMO. Take Tales of the Abyss they had the nerve to call it "generic". I am sorry but anyone that has played that game and gotten through the story knows there is nothing generic about that games story or gameplay. That is just one small example of their bias against Japanese RPG's.

They're biased against MOST Japanese things... And I'm not exactly sure why.

I do agree with everything you said, too.
 
I dunno... the gave Shin Megami Tensei game of the year like... two years in a row, I think or at least winning one year and a nomination two years in a row.

They're reviews can be shitty, but when they're on they're on.
 
One of the reasons I just don't listen to them about Japanese RPG reviews is because of the Dragon Quest 8 review they did. Through out most of it all they talked about was FF7 this and FF7 that. Then they showed screen shots from FF7 and said they were from an older DQ.

But on topic(sorry I went off there Keith), I really think ElderScrolls should win rpg of the year. Mass effect should win best innovation if it was up for that. I haven't played Mario Galaxy yet but I am assuming it is great.
 
Last edited:
One of the reasons I just don't listen to them about Japanese RPG reviews is because of the Dragon Quest 8 review they did. Through out most of it all they talked about was FF7 this and FF7 that. Then they showed screen shots from FF7 and said they were from an older DQ.

No they didn't. I remember the Dragon Quest 8 review and they give it a perfect score AND did nothing but make love to it the entire review.

You have to mean another game, because I've watched that review more than once, it convinced me to get the game and it's rare they go so completely ga-ga over a game.
 
Pictures! O__O

6nqhsf5.jpg


PICTURES! KEITH NEEDS PICTURES DAMMIT!


Anyway my picks:
Game of the Year
* Mass Effect

Most Original Game
* Portal

Best Gameplay Innovation
* Mass Effect (conversation system)

Best Multiplayer Game
* Halo 3
* Rock Band
Tie lol

Best Sports Game
* Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007

Best Shooter
* Halo 3

Best Role Playing Game
* Mass Effect

Best New Character
* Weighted Companion Cube (Portal)

Best Art Direction
* Mass Effect

Best Animation
* Assassin's Creed

Best Writing/Story
* Mass Effect

Best Original Soundtrack
* Super Mario Galaxy
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top