Worst Heisei era Kamen Rider series

I can empathise with most of the criticism for Den-O even when I don't agree with it, but... Terrible actors? What the ****? Most people have agreed that Takeru Sato showed great talent in the series, at least compared to a lot of other tokusatsu, and the voice actors were good too.

The best thing on Den-O were indeed the Seiyuu! :thumbs: But I don´t count them as actors there (even though they showed the most acting skills, next to the suit actors). We don´t need to argue if the acting was good or bad, everyone might have his own opinion! In my eyes was it the weakest Rider cast ever and terrible throughout the whole cast (not included Seiyuu and Suit actors of course!). No comedy talent, no drama talent, no action talent. :disappoin

If you and a lot of other fans enjoyed it, then it´s fine and great for the series and actors! Hey, it´s just in my opinion hopelessly overrated. :shrug:
 
I couldn't really get into Den-O, but I don't think it's the evil that a lot of others do. But, I do think a majority of the cast is weak, mostly the supporting players. I don't understand the praise for Takeru Satou, to be honest. Even if Satou managed to act as the different Imagin personalities, he failed where it counted most -- as Ryoutarou himself.

There's so many other ways to pull off being weak or timid compared to the obnoxious manner he chose. So, I think what perhaps helped him accomplish pulling off the other personalities was collaborating with the suit actors and voice actors. If only he had somebody more interesting to collaborate with and mock as Just Ryoutarou...

But, it doesn't matter. Kabuto's still the worst Rider series.
 
The only 2 shows I had issues with were Hibiki & Den-O.

Hibiki was just uninteresting to me and I was literally bored off my ass with it. But I will admit I saw improvment by the time the new writers came on but still nothing to blow me out of the water.

Den-O's comedy killed me at times. The overall story was awesome and I think it had a good run. If the comedy was toned down BIG time then I think Den-O had potential to be one of the best.

Other then that I enjoyed 'em all.
 
I couldn't really get into Den-O, but I don't think it's the evil that a lot of others do. But, I do think a majority of the cast is weak, mostly the supporting players. I don't understand the praise for Takeru Satou, to be honest. Even if Satou managed to act as the different Imagin personalities, he failed where it counted most -- as Ryoutarou himself.

There's so many other ways to pull off being weak or timid compared to the obnoxious manner he chose. So, I think what perhaps helped him accomplish pulling off the other personalities was collaborating with the suit actors and voice actors. If only he had somebody more interesting to collaborate with and mock as Just Ryoutarou...
I dunno, I never really found Ryoutarou to be that annoying. Sure he hamed it up a lot at times, but (for me anyway) more often than not I thought he nailed the role right and really mastered the character as well as all of the mannerisms of his other personalities. I will admit that it was a little hard to stand in the first couple of episodes, but it got better as time went on.

Outside of him and the seiyuu though, I did think it was a pretty weak cast as well. (well I did think Nakamura kinda grew as an actor as the series went on, but that was mostly when he wasn't pounding on Deneb) But Den-O's special for me in that I found another show where I loved the characters so much that I'm feeling to forgive the flopping of any real long term story in the first half and not giving us that much backstory on Kai and how the hell he ended up with the power to control Imagin. Of course having a stronger plot wouldn't have hurt. As much as I liked that arc dealing with the source of Yuuto's power and the stuff after Liner form, the series could have been half the length and not been changed that much.
 
Last edited:
Mine? Kabuto. It's like a Mary Sue writer got his/her own series. They dropped so many interesting story threads you'd think they were wearing teflon gloves, Tendou himself was the most annoying character ever, and the second half of the series was just a horrible, horrible mess.
 
Okay, I have'nt seen much of the series, but I'll tell you what I don't like about the ones I've seen. Kabuto, although I loved the series to death, had so many dropped plotlines. "Hey guys! We've created the Ultimate Zecter! It's called Gattack!" And from then on it's like just any other Rider. What about the mysterious appearance of the two Hoppers that was never explained? As for Den-O, I like what I've seen, it's very friendly and humorous, but Mecha + Masked Rider is a no no for me. The train should NOT transform into a missile launching machine and fight a giant monster. This is Masked Rider, not Super Sentai. I've only watched the first episode of Kiva, and I thought it was good until WTF? Did that building just turn into a retarded robo-dragon and eat the badguy?
 
KUUGA! I'm sorry, but I gave it 6 eps and frankly I just don't want to go back to it. :redface2: In its defense I did have a poorly subbed copy but still, I don't really see it turning around to be series of the century.
 
For me.. it's Hibiki.. really the worst~
The only Kamen Rider Series that i can't stand to watch..
I really can't stand watching the cabaret on the few first episode when all people singing and dancing like a dumb... AAAAAGH !!! STOP IT !!!!! And the musical Kamen Rider is too ridiculous.. drumming~ guitaring~ AAAAGH !!! Just kill me !!!
ABSOLUTELY NIGHTMARE~
 
For me.. it's Hibiki.. really the worst~
The only Kamen Rider Series that i can't stand to watch..
I really can't stand watching the cabaret on the few first episode when all people singing and dancing like a dumb... AAAAAGH !!! STOP IT !!!!! And the musical Kamen Rider is too ridiculous.. drumming~ guitaring~ AAAAGH !!! Just kill me !!!
ABSOLUTELY NIGHTMARE~

Please keep in mind that Faiz was the first "musical" rider...:laugh:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top