Worst Heisei era Kamen Rider series

Den-O. I enjoyed the characters and the comedy wasn't a huge deal for me. But the first twenty-nine godforsaken episodes all feel like filler - and that just won't fly for me. :redface2:
 
Hibiki. Uninteresting riders, uninteresting characters, uninteresting plot.

Surprised at all the Den-O hate... Some of the designs weren't great and the pace was bad in parts, but it had excellent acting, writing and originality.

Den-O just sucked, no plot at all.
The Kamen Rider series is not about the forms (well, not for me) but the interaction with the characters, plot, twists, the forms and all is a great feature but not as a stand alone for a series.

Den-O was just horrible, I stopped after 18 episodes and I don't think I'll ever finish it.

Hibiki was the only Heisei series I didn't watch so I can't say if it's as bad as people say.

But hey, you can't get everyone satisfied with a series.
 
I'm still working my way through the series', so haven't seen many all of the way through.

But out of the ones I have seen so far, I'd have to say Kabuto is the worst. Still have a few more episodes to go, but my judgments so far based on being 42+ episodes through - there's just no plot. The sudden delving into the mysteries of the Rider system mid-way through feels like it was tacked on at the last minute. Plus it didn't help that the series just feels so underwhelming from, and a major step back from, the greatness that was Hibiki (well, greatness with the exception of Hibiki's finale).

It's also the first series where I'm having trouble actually remembering the names of the characters, they're nearly all bland & forgettable, or down right irritating. And as for the main character himself, the writers can't seem to make up their mind whether they want to make him an arrogant jerk, or a sympathetic character. Kagami is much more interesting than Tendou and feels a lot more real.

I'm starting Den-O next week and I'm actually looking forward to doing so, just to finally finish Kabuto. On the other hand, Den-O looks incredibly ****! Awful designs and light/comedic approach = not really my kind of thing, so no doubt Den-O will soon replace Kabuto as my "worst". But I'm going to give it a chance at least.
 
Den-O just sucked, no plot at all.
The Kamen Rider series is not about the forms (well, not for me) but the interaction with the characters, plot, twists, the forms and all is a great feature but not as a stand alone for a series.

Den-O was just horrible, I stopped after 18 episodes and I don't think I'll ever finish it.

It has a plot... it just seems you stopped watching before it started to make sense. Thus far, it's my favorite series.

Out of all the shows I've watched I do have to say Kabuto is the weakest... with a lot of things going unexplained (or just given stupid explainations). Sure it was a nice show... but come on.

I've watched a bit of Hibiki and really liked what I saw. It looks like it was shot in an artsy way, which is a plus.
 
Den-O just sucked, no plot at all.
The Kamen Rider series is not about the forms (well, not for me) but the interaction with the characters, plot, twists, the forms and all is a great feature but not as a stand alone for a series.

Den-O was just horrible, I stopped after 18 episodes and I don't think I'll ever finish it.

Hibiki was the only Heisei series I didn't watch so I can't say if it's as bad as people say.

But hey, you can't get everyone satisfied with a series.

You can't really stop before even reaching the halfway point and then say it has "no plot at all".

Kabuto was quite weak in a lot of the series, but also had some amazing designs and some very good standalone arcs/ episodes.
 
Kabuto, for all the reasons Kimiden stated. It had some pretty amazing episodes late in its run, but those were few and far between. There were times when the show felt like it was falling apart faster than Hibiki during the writer change. After that I would probably list Ryuki and Blade, Blade used to be a series I held in higher regard because it does have one of the most well crafted villain origins out there, I just couldn't stand the heroes most of the time, especially Mutsuki and him being kindasortaevil and kindasortagood for most of the series.

You can't really stop before even reaching the halfway point and then say it has "no plot at all".
A series shouldn't take half of its run to introduce the plot though, that's what I think is the greatest weakness that most of the heisei series have.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top