Why is there only one main Tokusatsu fansub group?

I do have a large stack of blank DVD-R's, but I wouldn't really want to make viewers pay, especially when they can get them for free, I tried doing Geki for the fans, getting an episode out there asap, so everyone can enjoy sooner, but eh now since Nihon began releasing, I don't think I'll do it anymore.

Do something that TVN's had on hold for a while or hasn't picked up. Or better yet, join up with Kagami Arata and Elite Fansubs. I'm sure they could use your assistance.
 
Do something that TVN's had on hold for a while or hasn't picked up. Or better yet, join up with Kagami Arata and Elite Fansubs. I'm sure they could use your assistance.

Already turned EFS down, well for things that TVN has had on hold, my problem then would be, where would I get RAW's?

Still if we want a fansub group, all timers, translators (especially you guys, and whatever is left here should all team up to make a new fansub group.
 
Already turned EFS down, well for things that TVN has had on hold, my problem then would be, where would I get RAW's?

You're not going to like this answer, but you would probably have to buy R2 DVDs of the series from Japan itself. I believe most of the older series are in box sets at the moment.
 
There are a number of chinese subbing groups for all the toku shows ... got my Ultraman Mebius series from them :D
 
Those chinese sub groups and their unity.

WHY CAN'T WE BE LIKE THAT?

Oh yeah, we got a certain group that beats you up and takes your lunch money.
 
Those chinese sub groups and their unity.

WHY CAN'T WE BE LIKE THAT?

Oh yeah, we got a certain group that beats you up and takes your lunch money.

The chinese subbing groups always get their subs done 24hours after the episode is aired, unless there are some technical faults. One of the member here is a Moderator of one of the Chinese subbing forum ... lol ...
 
You're not going to like this answer, but you would probably have to buy R2 DVDs of the series from Japan itself. I believe most of the older series are in box sets at the moment.

I knew you were going to say that, well I can't really afford that myself right now, I have been considering saving up to order the Original series, Black, V3, Kuuga, Agito, X, and Skyrider boxsets for my personal use however, if the quality of sound is good enough for me to hear, I might consider subbing them.
 
I knew you were going to say that, well I can't really afford that myself right now, I have been considering saving up to order the Original series, Black, V3, Kuuga, Agito, X, and Skyrider boxsets for my personal use however, if the quality of sound is good enough for me to hear, I might consider subbing them.

The only ones that did come out as box sets in Region 2 are the original series & V3, both of which are out of print, although they can still be found if you look hard enough. You can also get the original series in individual volumes (they split the volumes from the box set in half so they're cheaper than the usual individual volume of an older Rider show.) As far as I know, no box sets yet for the others, but they might pull a Tsuburaya and come out with those later.

The last volume of Stronger comes with a box with space for all X, Amazon, & Stronger volumes, and the first volume of New Kamen Rider/Skyrider has a box with space for all 5 volumes of that. Ditto with Black. But you still have to get the individual volumes, unless you buy them all at once like I did with New Kamen Rider. I picked up all 5 volumes with the box at Anime Jungle in Osaka for much less than it would cost to get each individual volume elsewhere, so it's a matter of finding a good deal.

If you were talking about something other than the R2 discs though, ignore what I just said. :sweat:
 
yea i just spent 20 bucks a volume for some official R2 dvds, and we are currently looking for more translators so we can take on more projects, the more help we get the faster the subs will get out to you guys, also looking for timmers
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top