Why does CN even bother playing Hack?

I wish I knew. I always thought YYH did pretty well on Toonami.

At one point, CN called it "The Highest rated show on Toonami", meaning at one point in time (I'll assume during the Toguro Saga) it was pulling in more viewers than DBZ. I feel like it kept viewers into the Sensui saga, but CN probably felt like it lost enough viewers to cancel it, then air it @ 5 AM so they can air soemthing THEY thought would be a success.

Like... maybe... this monstrosity...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D73KE-4MNfM
 
At one point, CN called it "The Highest rated show on Toonami", meaning at one point in time (I'll assume during the Toguro Saga) it was pulling in more viewers than DBZ. I feel like it kept viewers into the Sensui saga, but CN probably felt like it lost enough viewers to cancel it, then air it @ 5 AM so they can air soemthing THEY thought would be a success.

Like... maybe... this monstrosity...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D73KE-4MNfM

Monstrosity, indeed!!:laugh:
 

*cries* make it stop..

Prince of Tennis is actually a good show, so I wouldn't write it off so fast.

I just cant get into those "omg wacky crazy!" animes anymore. Goofy faces and stupid, generic postures dont make me laugh and they arent amusing to me anymore. If the anime actually surprises me with a decent, catchy story then it will be a miracle. I'm actually starting to dislike a lot of anime lately.. I dont know why.

I'm shocked that Gundam Seed did so poorly in ratings. I hated the show, dont get me wrong. (G Gundam all the way babeh!!) But everyone seems to love it with a passion. It's getting all these sequals in Japan and what not.

But really, I think it's hard for any Gundam season to recapture that feeling we all had when Gundam Wing first aired during the golden age of Toonami and brought something bold, new, and beautiful to the table. Man... that was something else. They were starting to use the words "die" for the first time, it was more serious, fun political banter that made you feel smart, bad ass japanese music, kick ass gundams and interesting characters. That was one of the first animes (to see on TV) where if you miss one episode, it was hard to catch up with what was going on.

I wonder how 008th MS team did in ratings. That was another fantastic Gundam show. But that was a Midnight Run show, I think. (Aaah midnight run... what the hell happened to Toonami.)
 
:sly: Really? From what I read, SD Gundam Force holds the record of the lowest ratings in Gundam TV animation history. That's in Japan following the show's conclusion at the least. SD Gundam Force didn't even make it to the airing of a second season in America.
It did fairly well in the US, yeah I'm surprised too, but it was the constant reruns that killed it.

I just cant get into those "omg wacky crazy!" animes anymore. Goofy faces and stupid, generic postures dont make me laugh and they arent amusing to me anymore. If the anime actually surprises me with a decent, catchy story then it will be a miracle. I'm actually starting to dislike a lot of anime lately.. I dont know why.
It's not all that bad, the story is pretty great and unlike other popular shows, it wasn't dragged out to ungodly lengths.
I wonder how 008th MS team did in ratings. That was another fantastic Gundam show. But that was a Midnight Run show, I think. (Aaah midnight run... what the hell happened to Toonami.)
For its time slot, it did pretty well in the long run.

I think what killed SEED was that run in the 10-20's where nothing really happened and they were stuck in the desert.
 
It did fairly well in the US, yeah I'm surprised too, but it was the constant reruns that killed it.

Now that's a shocker... I'd have thought the target audience would pan this for not being the Gundam show they're used to.

I think what killed SEED was that run in the 10-20's where nothing really happened and they were stuck in the desert.

That was quite monotonous in America and Japan. But it did get the japanese censors up in arms in episode 16 when Kira and Flay did the nasty (although, you really didn't see anything that happened. So they could've just laid there n made out for all we know)
 
But it did get the japanese censors up in arms in episode 16 when Kira and Flay did the nasty

whoa wait, what? You mean characters actually hooked up and fucked on the show? O_O; Im not trying to be a perv but Im just impressed they had the balls to do something like that. They're always pussy foot around anything like that.
 
Now that's a shocker... I'd have thought the target audience would pan this for not being the Gundam show they're used to.
It did better(by a lot) in the US than it did in Japan, most people I've talked to loved it, I know I did.

whoa wait, what? You mean characters actually hooked up and fucked on the show? O_O; Im not trying to be a perv but Im just impressed they had the balls to do something like that. They're always pussy foot around anything like that.
Yeah, I think it was the first series that had pretty obvious signs of that. And if there's any doubt that they did the nasty, the SEs easily take care of that doubt. And that's basically why everyone thinks Flay is a super bitch, she just used Kira for...well, all of their relationship.
 
It did better(by a lot) in the US than it did in Japan, most people I've talked to loved it, I know I did.

That's new to me. So basically... SD Gundam Force is the Hibiki of Gundam? Maybe I'll give the show a second chance if I can find the second season
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top