FF15 Why can't Prompto, Gladio, and Ignis warp?

Final Fantasy XV (2016): Prince Noctis and his friends embark on a road trip that becomes a battle to reclaim his kingdom. It blends open-world exploration with real-time action combat. AKA Final Fantasy 15, FF15, FFXV

EfficientNinja

New Member
noctis-using-warp-strike.jpg

Hello, Final Fantasy XV Fans!

I was wondering after watching the Kingsglaive movie and playing the game. Why can't Noctis' friends, Gladiolus, Prompto, and Ignis can't teleport or warp? It's seen in the movies that Nyx and those nameless Kingsglaives can all do warp-strikes. So why can't these important and close people to Noctis can't?

Although they can be seen teleporting during the Adamantoise battle's parry, it might just be Noctis teleporting them or it is just an inconsistency in the game. Prompto could also be heard saying "Why can't I warp too? So unfair." while browsing his photographs of Noctis warp-strikes.

I would like to know your thoughts.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's purely script based approach. And considering how the side characters are designed to be supportive instead of the OP power. I think it's reasonable they not having warp and other strong powers.
 
I think it's purely script based approach. And considering how the side characters are designed to be supportive instead of the OP power. I think it's reasonable they not having warp and other strong powers.
This could be a reason or they aren't taught that yet. But I can't believe Ignis and Gladio can't warp because they have high ranks in the kingdom and they spent a lot of time training within the castle grounds.
 
Hi. Prompto has a line about this and finds it so unfair. I think it has something to do with Noctis not being powerful enough yet he is using majority of his power because he is also fighting. That was so dramatic and cool though.
 
This could be a reason or they aren't taught that yet. But I can't believe Ignis and Gladio can't warp because they have high ranks in the kingdom and they spent a lot of time training within the castle grounds.
Yes if in future sequels or updates they are given some sort of power then sure they can warp. But with that power they would surely be overpowering as well. That's something story may not like.
 
Yes if in future sequels or updates they are given some sort of power then sure they can warp. But with that power they would surely be overpowering as well. That's something story may not like.
I personally would like them to have warp skills. Kingsglaives which are elite members of the Kingdom have these and Noctis' group should have them as well since he's the King now and he has his most trusted guards with him.
 
Not all of the Kingsglaive could warp. The king can only share the power of the crystal through the Ring of the Lucii but he cannot choose the form the magic will take. It will manifest differently in the individuals.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top