Who would you have write the next Rider/Sentai series?

Damn, who I can't use "me" because I got beat to it. Though I'd totally love to though. Hell, I'd do it for a dollar and some udon. :laugh:

I know who I don't want to write Kamen Rider: Bandai. ..and also Inoue. Also Frank Miller. Just wanna cover that base there.. :P

I don't know. I think any writer coming onto it needs to just understand that it is an action show with drama and heroism as the foundation that lifts that up. Bandai needs to understand their job is not to write the stories. Besides, it's a henshin hero show, the toy thing is already more than covered to begin with.

I think the writers need create a consistent and identifiable tone and just remember what Kamen Rider was concieved as. You don't have to be married to everything Ishinomori and Toei Productions did when he was alive, but remember that you're creating a show called Kamen Rider. There is a history there. It's not just a name to be slapped onto any old idea you have laying around, or one to use any underfed semi-androgynous model as the star, it's not a sitcom or a cooking anime, nor is it something you can just take any wacky toy idea and try to wedge Rider into it. I swear sometimes it feels like this is what goes on "Oh hey, kids like kazoos! Our demoraphic charts show Rider needs to henshin with a kazoo he pulls out of his belt! Make it happen!"
 
Last edited:
I'd love to see the brainchild work of Toshiki Inoue (Kiva) and Michiko Yokote (Gekiranger) on a Sentai season. I think that'd be an amazing thing to watch.
 
I'd love to see the brainchild work of Toshiki Inoue (Kiva) and Michiko Yokote (Gekiranger) on a Sentai season. I think that'd be an amazing thing to watch.
A team of lead writers like that wouldn't be too bad, especially if Yokote could keep Inoue in check.
 
Kamen Rider:

Ideally: Kobayashi. As "uncool" as Den-O/Ryuki were,
they were the only Rider series with endings that made me cry like a complete bitch.

I'd be happy with: Not Inoue. The man has exhausted his brain. Let it rest before we get another befuddled attempt to recreate Agito/Den-O's success.

I'd kill someone: Go Nagai.
 
Kobayashi also worked on GEAR Fighter Dendoh which has made me wonder what it'd be like if the creative team for Dendoh ever did a henshin hero anime or a Rider series. To my knowledge director Fukuda has never done live action but still, it's an entertaining thought. GSD has problems to be sure but his work on Dendoh was excellent IMO.
 
Go Nagai would kick serious ass if he got a chance to write a Kamen Rider series. I would love for that to happen.
 
Kamen Rider- I must put in the obligatory "me", because it's something I seriously want to do some day. :laugh: Will never ever ever happen probably, but a man can dream...

Unless we end up getting a show about some red and blue android guy, I'd like to see an ensemble writing team again. Especially like in the days where there were a couple of regular writers (including the "lead" who usually does the really important episodes) and a couple who just do a few stories here and there, anywhere from one to a bunch. It'd be kind of interesting, like the "guest directors" Ultraman Max had.

Between the fact that it's 10th Heisei TV series in a row (special) and the 30th anniversary of New Kamen Rider (extra special*), I just hope they get somebody good. I'd bet 5 bucks it'll involve either Inoue or Kobayashi because Toei loves them, but it'd been interesting if they got some new blood. And that new blood actually stayed on for the whole series.

Sentai- Hatte Saburo. :D

*Although I'd be shocked if Toei even remembers.
 
Last edited:
I'd love to see the brainchild work of Michiko Yokote (Gekiranger) on a Sentai season. I think that'd be an amazing thing to watch.

That would be great for a Sentai show.

Oh BTW, Michiko Yokote is one of the creators (The other being Pink Hanamori) of Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch, the anime that was the inspiration for H20: Just add water.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top