Which Godzilla Movie is Worth Watching??

The reason I like Gojira 1984, the original Japanese version, is because it was the most realistic of all three G-film eras. I liked the political wrangling between the U. S. and Soviet ambassadors and the Japanese government. When the U. S. delegate said "He's right" after the Soviet one argued for the use of a nuke on Gojira sent chills down my spine. I could actually see some of the things in that movie being true if it happened in real life. It realistically captured Japan's political situation in the years of its release.
 
The reason I like Gojira 1984, the original Japanese version, is because it was the most realistic of all three G-film eras. I liked the political wrangling between the U. S. and Soviet ambassadors and the Japanese government. When the U. S. delegate said "He's right" after the Soviet one argued for the use of a nuke on Gojira sent chills down my spine. I could actually see some of the things in that movie being true if it happened in real life. It realistically captured Japan's political situation in the years of its release.

It's got the best FX (by Teruyoshi Nakano) of the VS Series (1984-1995), IMHO. It's as old-school as you can get, while still keeping up with Hollywood standards, at the time. Godzilla looked great in this movie! I did like the Super X, though! The heavy-duty, art-deco "flying tank" design is pretty solid (its design was also an in-joke on Hedorah's flying form!). G84's also the most "grounded" of the VS Series (the remainder of which gets a little out-of-hand).

I also still have a thing for Yasuko Sawaguchi (who plays the film's heroine). :sweat:
 
Megalon: I love Megalon too, so he always gets a free pass. This is a strange one, with a batle so epic it gets downright tiresome, and very little else, but I just can't not like this movie. I'm sorry, I just can't.

Hey, don't fret; Megalon's my personal favorite Godzilla movie (and not only the first Godzilla movie I ever saw, but also the first movie I saw in a theater)! I loved it as a kid, and still love it now. The movie's the best of both worlds. How often do you see a giant monster and giant superhero/robot team up to fight evil monsters? (The other occasion being Mazinger Z Vs. Devilman!) Plus, it's got the cutest Godzilla you'll ever see. (Think Snoopy as if designed by Gou Nagai!)

I also highly enjoy Gigan as well. That ties in with Megalon as my favorite Godzilla film.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top