Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Being completely serious, if Yellow Flash didn't make a video on this yesterday I would have never known this was getting a stateside release, I thought it was just Japan only. So yeah.... This was a bad. If Final Wars didn't exist I'd call this the best non-Legendary Godzilla thing to come out of the franchise since GMK (depending on if the Shinkalion movie counts or not, which it should not because mediocrity like Shitkeklion makes trains look lame). While the pacing is somewhat of an improvement over the Anno, Netflix, and Bones stagnation it was still obnoxiously slow. So many scenes really needed to be cut. First GotG Volume 3, the Meg 2, and now this, did moviemakers forget how to edit? The effects and video quality were shockingly dated, like this was meant to come out in the mid to late 2000s. Considering tokusatsu is literally about special effects that dragged it down. The humans are generic, this time going MUH SURVIVOR GUILTY oh find the hidden immunity idol so you don't get voted off the island, Shikishima. This should have been generic lower end of mediocre territory, BUT they did some dumb excrement. Godzilla actually got damaged by a fucking mine blowing up in his mouth. And he got scarred by it (I can't believe they brought back scarring horseshit from the Kiryu duology). And he dies in this by a bomb going off in his mouth by a fracking plane. They done messed up *again*. Oh yeah and the female lead somehow survived subsonic wind travel.

Not the worst movie of the year, The Lake from Thailand wins that award pretty damn easily with Flash in second place. Anyway, time to rank the boo hoo fest among its brethren (spoilers it's low).

Godzilla vs. Kong
Godzilla vs. Biollante
Invasion of The Astro Monster
Godzilla: King of The Monsters
Godzilla 1985
Ghidrah, The Three Headed Monster
Godzilla vs. Destoroyah
Godzilla 98
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla 2
Son of Godzilla
Terror of Mechagodzilla
Godzilla: Final Wars
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla
Godzilla 2014
Godzillla 54
Godzilla vs. Hedorah
Godzilla Against Megaguirus
Godzilla 2000
Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla
Godzilla vs. Megalon
Godzilla vs. Gigan
King Kong vs. Godzilla
Godzilla Raids Again
Ebirah, Horror of The Deep
Destroy All Monsters
Godzilla`s Revenge
Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: Monsters All-Out Attack
Mothra vs. Godzilla
Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
Godzilla Minus One
Godzilla vs. Mothra: The Battle For Earth
Godzilla, Mothra, Mechagodzilla: Tokyo SOS
Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla
Netflix Trilogy
Godzilla: Resurgence

Today I am reminded that my prison, called life, continues its sentence as the warden, death, will not let me out and go home.

Saw this tonight. And it was simply amazing, totally lived up to the hype around it. This is one of those movies that needs to be experienced in a movie theater, it just enhances everything. Definately an easy purchase when it comes out on blu-eat