What's Your Favorite Era of Tokusatsu

SentaiRiderFan

MV Maker
I refer you to the title. Just pick an era and list your favorites from that era (and why).
The eras don't have to be exact (ie: you can count Kamen Rider W as a 2000s or a 2010s show or Godzilla '54 as a '60s movie if you wish), just be sure to explain why.
Also, don't just vote and run, I want to know the why more than the what.
 
I refer you to the title. Just pick an era and list your favorites from that era (and why). The eras don't have to be exact (ie: you can count Kamen Rider W as a 2000s or a 2010s show or Godzilla '54 as a '60s movie if you wish), just be sure to explain why. Also, don't just vote and run, I want to know the why more than the what.
 
1980s. Sentai was at its best and aiming higher, Metal Heroes were actually good and entertaining, and Kamen Rider Black. C'mon.
 
For me, it would be 90's, since I grew up with this era.
For sentai, I grew up with Dairanger and started there and had so many great shows to follow (Kakuranger, Carranger, Megaranger, and GoGoV).
I wasn't a Kamen Rider fan back then, but I did enjoy the 3 movies; I even enjoyed J, which was weakest. Such a shame there were no TV series this era.
I really enjoyed Metal Heroes series, particularly Rescue Police Series, Blue Swat, and B-Fighter!
If I had to choose more specific time of this era, it would be 93~95, where it had so many great shows and movies. '93 especially is my favorite year, since it had Dairanger, Kamen Rider ZO, Janperson, Gridman, and infamous special, Ultraman vs. Kamen Rider!!
 
90s for me also. No it's not because I was born on this decade but because I think overall this was the best era for Super Sentai. Recently I have been thinking back at the Mecha designs compared to today's and wow have things changed. The Sentai Mecha's from the 90s were so awesome. Late 2000s and into 2010s the designs are just so inferior to the past. I also enjoyed the Godzilla movies from the 90s Heisei era. The canon storyline in each of the movies was great. Kamen Rider was on the low though, but overall in Toku as a whole I loved the 90s the best.
 
It would have to be the 90s because outside of OhRanger, everything from Jetman through TimeRanger was phenomenal. Toei was not afraid to try out new things with Sentai, and while there wasn't a Kamen Rider series, they also tested the waters with new types of Toku series like B-Fighter.
 
The 90's, or as I like to call it "the experimental era"
We had a ton of great writers back then, who were not afraid to try something new, and that is how we got gems like Hakaider, Dairanger, Carranger, Janperson, J, Gaia etc.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top