Whats the single most Nervous moment of your life?

Mega Ranger

Member
So I just had to call a rather large celebrity in the Anime Voice Acting community as part of my youmacon Duties. worst of all was I'd never called this guy before. Total Cold call. EVEN worse was I was contacting him in an effort to get someone ELSE contact info.... I was expecting Voice Mail or a receptionist....I got "Hello"......Totally conducted myself proffesionally but inside... TOTAL Panic!!!

Whats your single most nervous moment.
 
When I met Rider Faiz for the first time in May. And I am going to LOVE telling this story, because it makes me giddy to do so.

I wasn't really nervous on the hour and a half drive to the airport. I was eerily calm. I was a little nervous about not being able to cross the border into the States to Detroit, but the REAL nerves began at the airport. Because like the idiot I am, I failed to ask Faiz which planeline he was flying on, what his flight number was, etc. All I knew was that he was arriving at 7:30am and that it stopped over in Charlotte, NC.

But thankfully with a little detective skill I was able to locate the correct baggage claim area he was going to be in. I was sitting there waiting with my roomate, and looking at three different sets of doors he would be potentially walking in. And I remember turning my head to look at the doors to the right and behind me, and just as I did he walked through him. He was wearing jeans and a dark t-shirt, and his "Duff" hat. And my heart leapt into my throat. I stood, and it was SO surreal as I walked towards him. And I was fucking TERRIFIED. Like....SERIOUSLY. I couldn't breathe, I was smiling like a goof, and when we finally came face to face I kinda stood there like 'duuuuuuh'. Me: :sweat:

And he smiled. And his smile was...just...GUH. I'm surprised I didn't melt right into a puddle on the floor. But I was too scared to even hug him, or touch him! Just stood there, a bag of jumbled nerves and adrenaline and fear and excitement.

Anyways, that was the most nerve wracking day of my life. :anime:
 
You know, I dont normally have these but I guess it must've been the Youmacon thing. Just walking into Ray's room for the first time, seeing a bunch of total strangers and just sort of realizing where I was and thinking "wow, uh did I really just fly up here for a PR thing?" just drew a blank and ended up losing myself for a moment.

Other than that, I've never been nervous to such an extreme. I have to ask though, who was this "large voice actor" you talked to? I can't think of anyone, off the top of my head, that I would freeze up or get nervous around. Not in anime, anyway.
 
Probably when I was about 12 years old testing for my yellow belt in Taekwondo in front of like half of the Korean ITF judges and a two grandmasters. All I really remember is being such a case that I couldn't even remember how to tie my belt, and when my mom dropped me off I was almost to the point of dry heaves. That was way the **** back then... I don't really get nervous anymore. I get anxious... but I think I'm too lazy to even work myself up like that, I just can't force myself to care.
 
When I met Rider Faiz for the first time in May. And I am going to LOVE telling this story, because it makes me giddy to do so.

I wasn't really nervous on the hour and a half drive to the airport. I was eerily calm. I was a little nervous about not being able to cross the border into the States to Detroit, but the REAL nerves began at the airport. Because like the idiot I am, I failed to ask Faiz which planeline he was flying on, what his flight number was, etc. All I knew was that he was arriving at 7:30am and that it stopped over in Charlotte, NC.

But thankfully with a little detective skill I was able to locate the correct baggage claim area he was going to be in. I was sitting there waiting with my roomate, and looking at three different sets of doors he would be potentially walking in. And I remember turning my head to look at the doors to the right and behind me, and just as I did he walked through him. He was wearing jeans and a dark t-shirt, and his "Duff" hat. And my heart leapt into my throat. I stood, and it was SO surreal as I walked towards him. And I was fucking TERRIFIED. Like....SERIOUSLY. I couldn't breathe, I was smiling like a goof, and when we finally came face to face I kinda stood there like 'duuuuuuh'. Me: :sweat:

And he smiled. And his smile was...just...GUH. I'm surprised I didn't melt right into a puddle on the floor. But I was too scared to even hug him, or touch him! Just stood there, a bag of jumbled nerves and adrenaline and fear and excitement.

Anyways, that was the most nerve wracking day of my life. :anime:
You hopeless romantic, you.:P
 
The night of my 18th birthday I went out "clubbing" with some friends from work. Afterward we decided to hang at our friend Mark's house. When we got to his house his girlfriend Shalaina was so drunk she couldn't get out of the car by herself. Mark asked me to go open the front door to his house and stuff for him while he got Shalaina.

I opened the door and walked inside and almost immediately a dude with no shirt, long hair and a beard (Like Jesus) popped out from behind the corner in the front hall and shoved a little revolver in my face. "WHO THE **** ARE YOU?!" he screamed at me. I didn't say ****, I didn't move. Then Mark came in behind me like "Jeff put that gun away man, this is my friend Matt from work!"

Turned out shirtless Jesus with a gun was my friend Mark's room mate, Jeff. He really apologized afterward and explained that a couple of weeks before he'd been robbed at gunpoint.

I was cool afterward, but I really thought he might just shoot me in the face while it was going on. I definitely haven't ever been more nervous than that.
 
Interview for a scholarship. My god, I was fine going in, but during I was so nervous. And yeah, not much more to it than that. XD
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top