What's the most you ever paid for a game?

I'm trying to think of what game I overpaid for...but I'm drawing a blank here.

I tend not to buy 69.99 stickered games unless it's something I REALLY wanna play, if it's something I'm meh about then I usually wait for it to go down in price, trade in old, unwanted games, wait for a preowned to show up, or acquire it by other means. I think...FF13 was about 74 because I pre ordered it, but even then it was something my Grandma got me...not something I bought myself. Oh, and I tend not to buy collectors/limited editions of games either.
 
Any system.
New or Used.

For me, it was about $115 CDN for the Bioshock 2 Special Edition (PS3).

For an individual game (game ONLY, no special editions) $99.99 for Phantasy Star IV new for Genesis, when it first game out. I actually have three copies now, two of which are unopened.

If you want to get technical, Uncharted (original) cost me over $550, because of the PS3 that was necessary for it.
 
I also bought Phantasy Star 4 when it first came out for 99.99. I also bought an import n64 when it first came out just for mario 64. The total price was like 500 bucks.
 
Any system.
New or Used.

For me, it was about $115 CDN for the Bioshock 2 Special Edition (PS3).


Wow ... What was so special for it ? Anyways the most I've ever paid for a game is full regular retail price... Normally I wait for sales or for them to go half off :laugh:
 
Wow ... What was so special for it ? Anyways the most I've ever paid for a game is full regular retail price... Normally I wait for sales or for them to go half off :laugh:

Aside from the game (obviously):
-A LP Vinyl Record of the First Bioshock's OST
-Bioshock 2's OST (CD)
-Three posters that are in-game
-a 260 page art book
-Big case to keep it all in (with art on it)
And it was limited to a Single Production run.

It's alot more than just a Tin-case and some small 50 page art book.
 
My top 5 games

5. Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout (1997 release $60)
4. Metal Gear Solid 4 Collector's Edition (PS3 $90)
3. Guilty Gear X Plus DX Edition (PS2 $95)
2. Batman Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition (PS3 $100)
1. Radiant Silvergun (Saturn $200)

In terms of systems:
JPN PS2 (originally bought to play Guilty Gear XX #Reload (Korean Edition)) $300

US 60 gig PS3 (bought a week before Black Friday 2 years ago) $500
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top