What's a Good IP Address Shield for Vista?

Got the code and registered... still not sure how me getting the torrent file from Demonoid masks my DL.... ooooor..... is my ISP seeing me DL the torrent from isoHunt?
 
1. My provider. Got an email about "web abuse" and "copyright stuffnjunk". Even pointed out the file I DL'ed.

2. I used isoHunt and my Bit Comet DL's it without a fuss. It's just my ISP can somehow tell I'm doing it.
Geez, is that all?

If this was the first time that you've gotten an email like this, just trash it and go on with your life as if it never arrived. It's one of those "bark is worse than it's bite" things. Chances are that someone was enough of a douche to report that specific torrent to isoHunt (note, I said they reported it to isoHunt, NOT to your ISP). Your ISP then gets a signal from isoHunt stating "hey, if you have ANYONE on your ISP that's DLing this particular torrent...blah blah blah." Your ISP then sends out an automated message to anyone within their domain ranges that has a link to that torrent. That's all. Nothing major. I've gotten emails like that from my ISP a few times, and I continue to torrent just as much, if not more than when I first got my current comp (my uTorrent runs 24/7).

Seriously Keith, you don't need to do anything here unless you start getting these emails from your ISP on a daily basis (the odds of that happening are really unlikely, given how large torrent tracker sites are and how many millions of individual files are being shared amongst them). However, if you must, all you need to do is like was suggested earlier and either use a proxy service or stick to private trackers like Demonoid. Remember though, that if you do the latter, you HAVE to maintain a certain DL/UL ratio (in other words, you have to do like I always say and SEED your torrents after it's finished downloading) otherwise they'll kick out out and ban your account.
 
Demonoid has since changed that ratio rule, its pretty much "Download all you want but try not to be a dick and not upload anything. We wont ban you for having a crappy ratio but we will frown upon it."
 
1. My provider. Got an email about "web abuse" and "copyright stuffnjunk". Even pointed out the file I DL'ed.

2. I used isoHunt and my Bit Comet DL's it without a fuss. It's just my ISP can somehow tell I'm doing it.

My brother got this when he downloaded a hacked copy of GTA 4. My mom FREAKED OUT
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top