What would the OOO driver sound like in English?

Glamador

Member
Just what the title says. If OOO were dubbed or redone in English, what would the form titles and jingles sound like? Obviously they wouldn't have the same cadence. So I'd like to see what we can come up with.

TaToBa = Taka Tora Batta = Hawk Tiger Grasshopper

So English would be...HaTiGra?

See, that's another problem. English doesn't separate words into their component syllables the same way Japan does. So we'd get folks pronouncing that like "Hat-ee-grah" (think Mardi Gras) or "Haughty Gra" (think if you stopped saying 'grass' early).

Or, could you do something completely different? Keep the spirit of the multi-animal word but not necessarily use the first syllables only? More of a portmanteau (love that word so much) maybe?

So something like HaGerHopper or HaTiPer.

This is hard...
 
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing about how syllables are unlikely.

The initials are a possibility, too(like wrestling moves nowadays).
 
I can really see "Tatoba" just being omitted and just giving a new name to Tatoba form...but the format will be the same...

HAWK
TIGER
HOPPER

Combo Set!!!
 
Haw(k)-Ti(ger)-Gra(sshopper)
Bee(tle)-Man(tis)-Gra(sshopper)
Li(on)-Ti(ger)-(Leo)Pard
Rhi(no)-Go(rilla)-(ele)Phant
Haw(k)-Pea(cock)-(Con)Dor
Wha(le)-Eel-(Octo)Pus
Pte(ranodon)-Tri(ceratops)-(Ty)Ranno(saurus)

Something like that, I imagine.
 
I thought this thread was going to be "In place of Kushida, what crazy, gravel-voiced guy could voice the OOO driver in an English adaptation?" And my answer to that would have been "Mr. T," but...that's not what this thread's about.
 
For some reason I'm picturing a thing where the belt would just say the name of the animals again and again like in Dora the Explorer where the map and backpack just say their names 50 times.

Also, the voice would obviously be some elderly New Zealander doing his best to sound American, right?
 
i imagine just using instrumental tunes in place of the guy singing the combo names. it's cheaper that way.
 
That would be kinda neat. I'm imagining that instead of naming the medals when scanned, it will play a part of the tune that the name is associated with. When all the medals are scanned, it plays the entire song.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top