What made Zyuranger the success it was?

Yet Power Ranger in Space did it better then the source material. Things were really looking up...

PRiS just made more sense to me, I've always been bugged by how Megaranger is decked out in Space gear, but it can't be called a space theme. It's a video game theme. Idk, that's just odd to me.

I do find it cool that both series where supposed to be a great change for the franchises, and yes I think Space had a bigger impact to us than Mega had on it's Japanese fans. It saved PR after-all.
 
sentai to me felt way more authentically changed when they stopped using 17mm cameras to film the shows. it just made it look like it was still filmed in the 70s and 80s.
 
Yet Power Ranger in Space did it better then the source material. Things were really looking up...

Yeah.. No. Power Rangers in space copied a lot of the Megaranger stories just like nearly all the other PR seasons. Megaranger was an amazing series with amazing villains. Power Rangers in space was simply just another PR season.
 
PRiS just made more sense to me, I've always been bugged by how Megaranger is decked out in Space gear, but it can't be called a space theme. It's a video game theme. Idk, that's just odd to me.
See I don't get why Megaranger is meant to be a video games theme. OK, Kenta is shown playing the Megaranger game in the first episode, but it only rarely popped up after that. I'd call it a consumer technology (TVs, cell phones, cameras etc) and highschool themed show. They are all much more prominant in the series than video games.
 
MegaRanger often gets touted as being about video games and I think most of this just comes from people seeing the first episode. It's really more about youth and technology. The show came out just as the internet was really becoming part of the average household.

On the whole Sentai is for kids thing that's been brought up a lot in this thread, as I have often said a good superhero story is neither just for adults or just for kids. Sentai does this well. Even ones that may lean slightly more adult or more kiddy.

The way in which Sentai is for kids is not so much in the Sesame Street or Barney sense as it is a general audience of the young and the young at heart.

The style and dream-logic of it all makes it fun to watch but there is usually some emotional reality to the characters that balances it. It's a bright colorful fantasy made for kids but isn't it awesome that anyone could come to it and find interesting stories, themes, and characters, awesome action direction and choreography, even yes dare I say it: great special effects?

Pretty damn cool for a kids show if you ask me. I see nothing to apologize for. You're not a kid but you like a kid show. Good. Rather than be embarrassed about it or expecting the material to compensate for that embarrassment, take it as a sign that becoming a teenager or an adulthood hasn't rotted your imagination out.

That's something worth owning and celebrating.
 
Pretty damn cool for a kids show if you ask me. I see nothing to apologize for. You're not a kid but you like a kid show. Good. Rather than be embarrassed about it or expecting the material to compensate for that embarrassment, take it as a sign that becoming a teenager or an adulthood hasn't rotted your imagination out.

That's something worth owning and celebrating.

This 100%
 
Pretty damn cool for a kids show if you ask me. I see nothing to apologize for. You're not a kid but you like a kid show. Good. Rather than be embarrassed about it or expecting the material to compensate for that embarrassment, take it as a sign that becoming a teenager or an adulthood hasn't rotted your imagination out.

That's something worth owning and celebrating.

MattComix, you are speaking my language. :) *High five*
 
i always thought of megaranger's gimmick/theme as "modern digital age" as opposed to just exclusively video games. yeah, super sentai is a kids show, but i just love the action. i am a martial artist and a martial arts buff altogether and the quality of the action of sentai, especially zyuranger (along with dairanger, kakuranger, ohranger, and gokaiger) gives something that really excites me that more mature action shows like 24 and buffy the vampire slayer can offer.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top