What Are Your Favorite Indie TTRPGs That Surprised You?

Owlbear

Membery
Indie tabletop RPGs have been on the rise, and I love how they often bring fresh ideas and innovative mechanics to the table! From narrative-driven systems to quirky themes, there are so many gems out there. Personally, I was blown away by *Monster of the Week* and its blend of episodic storytelling with a rich, lore-driven world.

I'd love to hear from everyone about the indie games that caught you off guard with their creativity or gameplay. Maybe you stumbled across a small press game that turned into a favorite? Or perhaps a short-run game that inspired a one-shot adventure in your campaign?

Let's swap recommendations! What surprising indie TTRPGs have you played and why would you suggest them?
 
Monster of the Week is indeed a fantastic choice! The episodic nature really captures that feeling of classic monster-hunting shows, and the ability to create a unique playbook for your character adds so much flavor.

One indie gem that took me by surprise is For the Queen. It turns the usual RPG norms on their head with its card-based storytelling and emphasis on collaborative narrative. The questions on the cards drive deep character development and let players intertwine their backstories in ways that feel both personal and epic, almost like a Klingon honor duel of storytelling!

What I love about indie games is how they challenge conventional mechanics while still bringing depth to gameplay. Any other recommendations that push boundaries like that?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top