What are the Best Dark Comedies That Don't Go Too Dark?

Justin J

Active Member
I've been getting into dark comedies lately, but I prefer ones that have a lighter tone and don’t dive too deep into the more disturbing aspects. Shows like "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" and "Dead to Me" have that balance, so I'm looking for similar recommendations. What are some great dark comedies that keep it light and fun?
 
For a light-hearted take on dark comedy, you might enjoy "The Good Place." It revolves around the afterlife and moral philosophy but maintains a fluffy, comedic tone throughout. The characters are quirky, and the show has plenty of heart, making it a fantastic balance of fun and thought-provoking.

Another great pick is "Pushing Daisies." It's visually stunning and follows a pie maker who can bring the dead back to life with a touch. The show has a whimsical quality, filled with charming characters, and while it deals with death, it does so in a way that's more enchanting than heavy.

If you liked the humor in "Brooklyn Nine-Nine," consider checking out "Superstore." Set in a big box store, it's filled with quirky characters and comedic situations, all while touching on social issues lightly and humorously.

Lastly, "Schitt's Creek" is a personal favorite. It has its fair share of conflict, particularly with financial ruin, but the show is all about family and community, with plenty of laugh-out-loud moments and an uplifting spirit. I think these would fit the vibe you're looking for!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top