Veoh Web Player?

Bolt

boogie woogie feng shui
Anybody use this? It seems like a pretty good deal considering how much stuff you can find on Veoh, but I'm always reluctant to download things like this that are likely to get me spammed with other offers, advertisements and possible malware.
 
I've used VeohTv for years and never had a problem... Though I was on the site yesterday and it seems they've joined a "network" with another website, so who knows what'll happen with it, now. I'm still frantically downloading all the old toku I can find on the site in case it goes down sometime soon, and you use that program to do that, as well.
 
I'm very surprised that Veoh is still around, despite that they announced that they're filed for bankrupt! :O_O:

EDIT: Qlipso recently acquired Veoh's Assets.

The assets of Veoh, a former YouTube competitor, have been acquired by media-sharing company Qlipso, VentureBeat is reporting.
"Veoh is now part of Qlipso, the revolutionary social content sharing company," Veoh's "About" page reads. "Over the coming months, users and business partners will start to see more and more social features coming to one of the world's top video sites--Veoh."

Veoh executives will work at Qlipso as part of the deal, according to VentureBeat. Qlipso is backed by Jerusalem Venture Partners. CEO Jon Goldman told VentureBeat that the company views the purchase as a way to speed up building an audience. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Neither company has responded to a request for comment.

The acquisition adds another chapter to the once-promising video site's storied history. Originally created as a YouTube competitor, Veoh was unable to live up to its hype. It tried several strategies to stay relevant. It even weathered a long and costly copyright lawsuit filed against it by Universal Music Group. The site eventually won that case, but unfortunately for Veoh, it didn't help it to attract the kind of following other video sites like YouTube and Hulu have enjoyed.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20001960-17.html
 
Last edited:
I used it to download Gavan off Veoh. No viruses but sometimes have to re-download in case it didn't go through correctly.
 
Seems Veoh will stay around, which is a good thing.

I loved VeohTV, they shouldn't have changed it, and the Veoh Web Player used to work... no matter what computer I use, it doesn't work now, it never loads.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top