Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger Season 2 - Discussion Thread

Anyone here can tell me what are the jabs about the company stealing the Ultraman license news is? I heard there's a foreign company stealing Ultraman's license, but that's all I heard.

Anyone care to share what are the news is?
 
Anyone here can tell me what are the jabs about the company stealing the Ultraman license news is? I heard there's a foreign company stealing Ultraman's license, but that's all I heard.

Anyone care to share what are the news is?

I don't think it was news, this came as far back as I think, 70's?
Said company was the Thai-based Chaiyo, which was only given a license to distribute the series worldwide, not take it as its own.
But it got worse, and thus led to the legal battle between Tsuburaya and Chaiyo that costed Tsuburaya billions of yen.
(Of course Tsuburaya won, but they got into a financial difficulty after that, which explains why the Ultraman franchise was movie-only after Mebius.)
 
Thanks for the name. I might be able to dig some old news about this. Man, can't believe I missed the crucial part of Ultraman legacy.
 
Thanks for the name. I might be able to dig some old news about this. Man, can't believe I missed the crucial part of Ultraman legacy.
SciFi Japan did a pretty in-depth article chronicling it all. Probably worth googling that to get caught up.
 
Got the article covered. Man, that explains a lot why the recent series like Next, Max and Mebius reached late here.
 
Are you ready for today's bit of mind-blowage?

The entire second season of Akibaranger did something that I didn't notice until ep013: It cemented Akiba's role in the Super Sentai Multiverse by answering a question that no one asked until now. The super sentai defend earth, that's what they do...but who protects the super sentai?
 
I like the Kamen Rider W (I think it's W) reference in episode 12 :P

....and what's also hilarious is that W's first rider kick in his series is actually being done from the left side :laugh:





as for episode 13....

I like the comparison footage, totally didn't expect they do it for the OPENING as well.

and of course they just have to use "Youtube" again to watch the entire thing :laugh:

the ending also contains many nice behind the scene footage, my favorite is the Dr. Maki one :D

also, poor Yuko still cannot finish her sentence even during the thank you part at the very end :sweat:
 
Last edited:
Akibaranger is such an insanely entertaining series. Both series are really awesome to me. Loving those shows that poke at themselves. Great characters as well.

I never thought the last episodes really killed off these characters too. But due to the nature of the show, I guess not even the dead themselves took it seriously lol.

Still hoping for more insanity. Season 3 please!!!
 
If they do another season (and I imagine they probably will), all I want from it is a fourth and possibly fifth colored Akibaranger. That was all I really wanted out of a season two, so I'm terribly disappointed we never got that.
 
If they do another season (and I imagine they probably will), all I want from it is a fourth and possibly fifth colored Akibaranger. That was all I really wanted out of a season two, so I'm terribly disappointed we never got that.

We got a fourth ranger for a brief moment at least...His name was Kibaranger
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top