Trey Parker and Matt Stone's "Giant Monsters Attack Japan!"

Sounds like it will only re-inforce stereotypes and get people like me picked on. :redface2:

only you can get yourself picked on. Just dont be a geek around the wrong people. I loved Sailor Moon (and Im a guy) and everyone knew at my high school. Wasnt picked on for it once. I even brought some Sailor Moon playing cards.

I dont see how anyone gets picked on for watching Giant Monster movies... They're like watching old kung fu movies, honestly. I dont see it.
 
only you can get yourself picked on. Just dont be a geek around the wrong people. I loved Sailor Moon (and Im a guy) and everyone knew at my high school. Wasnt picked on for it once. I even brought some Sailor Moon playing cards.

I dont see how anyone gets picked on for watching Giant Monster movies... They're like watching old kung fu movies, honestly. I dont see it.

:laugh: Tell me about it!

Watching daikaijuu eiga is no more "stereotypical" than watching superhero TV shows. Both genres are the best-known staples of the tokusatsu medium, and like anime/manga, both have nerds & geeks making up a very good majority of its fans. Anime/manga/J-Pop, at least all that is seen and heard in America, is not the end-all-and-be-all of Japanese pop culture. Remember, they have daikaijuu and superheroes, too.

There's nothing uncool about daikaijuu. Hell, some girls in Japan think that Godzilla is either cute or sexy. I kid you not. (Check out some behind-the-scenes photos of GMK, for example!)
 
dude where IS monster Zero? years ago I used to read that page every day but then they moved servers with no re-direct and I lost them....(I'm talking 99-2000 here)
 
Oh get over yourselves. With attitudes like this, you deserve to be mocked.

Agreed, the point of a reinforcing a stereotype (well in a movie at least) is usually for comedic value, not to insult said fanbase. Because its always fun to poke fun at things, even if you are part of its fanbase. Some people just take small things waaay too far
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top