too many gimmicks in sentai and kamen rider?

too many gimmicks? OSNAP! I ALREADY MADE THIS THREAD BEFORE!!! ><

i mean with kamen rider there are rings, switches, medals, memories, in sentai with batteries,keys, cards, disks, souls, you think maybe they are overdoing the gimmicks, i mean i know they want a good toyline/ratings but arent they taking the fun out the show by constantly putting in new toys/ gimmicks in every other episode especially when you have to keep track of everything you have and what's being used in the episodes.


i dont know if this goes in the toy thread or the show thread, mods feel free to move it.
 
We've had discussions on this before. But my general stance on it is "I don't care as long as it doesn't impact the story they're trying to tell". That may be a fine line and not everyone will agree on exactly where it lies, but that's the best I got.
 
I'm feeling that it is starting to take away from the show. Fights, instead of really being a dialogue of battle and further telling a dramatic beat... instead more and more is turning in to more.... toy demos.
 
but hey it could have been worse, you could have been like henshinslayer and continue to make the same thread about custom riders and rangers every other week.
 
I'm okay with the continued gimmickry as long as the writer(s) can come up with some way to distract me from the gimmicks' obvious toyetic nature. For example, OOOs differentiating between a "full combo" and other random combos worked well for me somehow. I suspect that the closest we'll get to a one-form rider for quite some time will be like Birth with its regular Birth form plus crane/shovel/tank tread add-ons, which was done do a similar extent with Fourze and Beast, at least initially. Then again, add-ons aren't much different from a lot of forms that happen to be a palette swap plus weapon or ability.

One thing that makes an ultimate form come off more "naturally" to me is to have the ultimate form continue to use the original form's gadgets (ie Rising IXA using Ixcalibur) and vice-versa (OOO using Medagabryu)
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top