I'm sorry, but I just HATE gimmicks like Motion Controls.

Anyway, to bring up my opinion.
I disagree. Just because motion controlled gaming isn't 'hardcore' and they are releasing more for it doesn't mean that people are dumb, casual gaming will rule, and they will stop releasing games for 'hardcore' gamers.
I, for instance, play plenty of games. Just because I had fun playing a casual, motion game such as Dance Central doesn't mean I'm going to fear that motion controlled games will overtake everything. I just think "Wow this is surprisingly fun." and leave it at that.
Motion control can be fun, it can add to any game without seeming obtrusive. But I guess you need to experience that for yourself.
 
First of all Loghorn, you can't judge motion control when earlier in a post you said that you've never played motion control games on Wii, Move or Kinect. Try playing games like Red Steel 2, No More Heroes 1 & 2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Wii Sports Resort, and Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 and you'll see that motion controls are bad. And if you DO find a game that controls bad on the Wii, then it's clearly the developers fault. If that wasn't the case, all Wii/Kinect/Moves games with motion control are bad. The only exception to this is the Power Glove on the NES, but it was old technology.

Second, casual gamers ARE the future of gaming. Love it or hate it, casual gamers EVENTUALLY become hardcore gamers. I'm so a lot of us here started as casual gamers when we first played video games. Nobody can be hardcore from day damn one. Casual gamers have existed long before the Wii.

And yes, most kids count as casual gamers. A casual gamer is a gamer that likes games just for fun and doesn't see stuff like completing a game or beating a bunch of guys online as a huge accomplishment.

And for the record, casual game =/= bad game. If that were the case, Wii Sports Resort would be the worst game of all time.

If a game is ****, it's ****. Plain and simple.
 
Last edited:
That's what I like to see... :thumbs:

I...guess? I had a long diatribe for this but apparently Kingranger went down that road for me, so clearly it didn't go well.

The first post is kinda really inflammatory--so much so that I mainly didn't response because I thought he was making fun of people that talk like that.

I mean, I have played games since I was eight years old. I beat Suikoden at 10 years old--put sixty hours into it. I'm fairly hardcore, and I have to say--under "things that are ruining gaming", motion controls is far less of a problem than say, yet another bill attempting to bowlderise gaming.

The more people that get into video games, the better, I think. (And at least they're less annoying than the people who became gamers via Halo.)
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top