Tony Jaa just kicked my ass

Forever Knight

Eye See You
I actually decided to watch the Ong Bak movie that I remember hearing a shitload of people ranting about. So I figured what the hell and poped the disc in. My buddy who is in Japan right now lent it to me.

Let's just say I was FUCKING BLOWN AWAY by this ****. Un fucking believable.

This was my first time seeing anything from Tony aswell. I got goosebumps about 20 times during this flick, I still cannot believe it.

By the end of the movie I must say Ong Bak is now one of my favourite movies. Period.

Which brings me to The Protector.Is this Ong Bak 2?. I heard somewhere it was. Is it anywhere near as good as Ong Bak?. I must see more Tony!. This guy is amazing. :buttrock:
 
Yeah the guy's a demon, there's no doubt about that.

The Protector (AKA Tom Yum Goong internationally) isn't Ong Bak 2, it's just a similar film directed by the same guy and starring Tony Jaa and some of the same cast again. It's set in more of an urban enviornment and deals with a descendant of the Royal family trying to retrieve a sacred elephant (I know it sounds ridiculous), I prefer it to Ong Bak really. Ong Bak 2, the actual sequel, is set to release next year and aside from starring, the film will be Tony Jaa's directorial debut with Panna Rittikrai as assistant choreographer.
 
I would say The Protector is better than Ong Bak, and I friggin' LOVED Ong Bak. Go check it out.

If you can, find a subbed version. The dubbing is actually pretty good in The Protector, but used in a lot of weird and inconsistent ways.
 
My only problem with The Protector is that it felt like 7 different movies in one.

I'll explain later, X-Play is on now.
 
Absolutely loved Ong bak lol, the only reason i saw it was because my parents were watching it when i got back from playing Initial D at the arcade. i still need to see Tom Yum Goong ( the protector)....i'm from Laos(near thailand) and very proud of him lol and you know the bold guy(the reason why he comes to the city) tony jaa meets in ong bak? he's a comedian^___^ a very good one as well:anime:
 
i prefer ong bak over tom yung goong. the fights at the end weren't real enough for me.

yeah, tony jaa's kick-butt. i liked that stunt where he jack-knifed through a thin ring of barbed wire.

there's even a sek loso wannabe in there. lmao
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top