Tokusatsu Suit Actors blogs and/or related websites?

Great thread, in my opinion, i think the suit actors definitely deserve more credits. I doubt is easy jumping and doing stunt in those heavy suit and wearing the unbreathable helmets. :)

Interesting story, when they started filming Den-O movie 3, it was so hot out and the take they were filming was so long that Takaiwa passed out in the Momotaros costume. :(

This is why you see him with a neck-cooling-thing a lot in the making-of's since then.
 
Ah that's really gotta suck for the dude, was he okay? Those suits do seem so insufferable to wear, but I always thought they had some ventilation.

At least better than stuff like the Ultraman suits.
 
Mark Musashi said in one of the panels at PMC that having to play Wing Knight in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight was pretty difficult, mostly because Matt Mullins can move amazingly well, and he was expected to do the same movements, except without being able to see or move his shoulders. :laugh:
 
There was a bit with Mark in the making for THE FIRST (which is on the R1 DVD), I don't remember exactly what he said though.

And what's that Haku Gaia stuff I keep seeing mentioned about?

How did I miss this question? Haku Gaia is a play/fan event that JAE is doing on the 11th and 12th of September. They got pretty excited and that's what the Ustream and Youtube videos are related to.
 
Last edited:
I don't know if anyone watches this video before anot but the first 3 minutes feature about the stunt and the stunt actor. You can roughly visualize how much one sweats wearing just the helmet.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiwO6ICYrjU&feature=related[/ame]
 
Mark Musashi said in one of the panels at PMC that having to play Wing Knight in Kamen Rider Dragon Knight was pretty difficult, mostly because Matt Mullins can move amazingly well, and he was expected to do the same movements, except without being able to see or move his shoulders. :laugh:

=) There was an interview HJU did with Mark Musashi - I wonder if it's still in the threads somewhere...
 
I don't know if anyone watches this video before anot but the first 3 minutes feature about the stunt and the stunt actor. You can roughly visualize how much one sweats wearing just the helmet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiwO6ICYrjU&feature=related

That making is pretty cool. I was pleasantly surprised at the really tight closeup so as not to show his costume, usually they'll go for the long shot and mosaic his face.
 
They don't like the image of anybody other than the face-actor being the character. That's why they took down that picture of Nabe-as-Nasca from Kimisawa's blog. If you watch the Den-O movie 4 making you'll see sort of the opposite, Takaiwa in Momotaros costume behind Dori, costume mosaic'd out.

The only time I've not seen this was on that NHK special about Dori, and all of the suit-actors looked kind of nervous about it :sweat:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top