Tokusatsu Suit Actors blogs and/or related websites?

They don't like the image of anybody other than the face-actor being the character. That's why they took down that picture of Nabe-as-Nasca from Kimisawa's blog. If you watch the Den-O movie 4 making you'll see sort of the opposite, Takaiwa in Momotaros costume behind Dori, costume mosaic'd out.

The only time I've not seen this was on that NHK special about Dori, and all of the suit-actors looked kind of nervous about it :sweat:
That...man. That seems kinda ridiculous to me. It seems rather pointless to release a making of and try to pretend that the guy in suit and the characters are the same person. I doubt too many children are under the assumption that this is real, and if they are, likely wouldn't be watching the making of. Mosaicing the costume itself just sounds...rather hilarious. It's not like we're going to think Takaiwa is really a very red skinned fellow under the mosaic, might as well show the suit.

Toei is just weird sometimes, this is definitely one of the cooler areas of production that should get more exposure.
 
It's kind of a universal kigurumi idea, I think, the staff told me the same sort of thing when I went backstage at Disneyland.
 
wow. anyone has anymore suit-actor in suit? its also to see the real actor in suit kind.

I remember seeing a pic of the 3 Gekiranger sans helmet (their heads are draped in white ... tight suit or something) at one of the live events a few years back ...


Which makes me wonder, those live events where they usually held at Tokyo Dome City ... does the same set of suit actors who usually do the TV series (plus movies and etc.) do the live event at TDC as well ?
 
Sometimes they are but usually they aren't. On some of the resumes I've seen, they list the live show seperately.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top