Exo_Kopaka
Member
I don't know what board to place this topic in, but since I'm not selling nor reviewing my toys and it has to do with tokusatsu, then I guess I'll post here.
Well, I told you guys before, that I was on a trip to Japan! Well, now I'm back (well, technically, I got back like 3 weeks ago, but a lot of jetlag and issues rose, so I couldn't have time to type this stuff up until now)!
Ok, so while in Japan, I have to say, it was impossible to avoid Kamen Rider and Super Sentai. Now, for the pictures that I took exclusively for you guys!

Japanese POWER RANGERS. Just looks awesome!

I found these toys on a stop from the highway from Osaka to Kyoto.

This, of course, is from a Shinto shrine. If you can read Japanese, you'll find this little wooden block intriguing. :laugh:

This was in Osaka inside this electronics store (and this toy was found in the hobby floor). Japan's stores tend to be like towers and with a lot of floors that are a room big, but each room is a new store! I was going to pick this up, but avoided it because I was afraid I'd run into more expensive Kamen Rider toys later in the trip. :bawling:

Same story as above. Inside the same hobby shop. I was going to purchase, but I didn't.

While waiting for the bus, I ran into this little fabric shop, and found these. I think you put them on your backpack or something, since all backpacks in school are uniform. But I could be wrong.

Before entering that thousand torii gate shrine in Kyoto, I found this in a little shop. I was looking at it with another kid with his parents, who were really into this. :anime:

While at a BOOK OFF in Kyoto, I found this in a video store. It says its 100 yen, but they were selling them for 50. I didn't purchase this because it seemed lame, and I was afraid I'd run into the real Zecters. This along with a candy Kabuto toy were paired together. I purchased the Kabuto one.


In that same BOOK OFF, there was Gashapon machines!

Me (in red) with my newly won Gatack toy. I was going crazy, because I could have ended up with one of those freaky guys or the original Kamen Rider, but I got GATACK! YEAH!!!!!!!!! Ok.

This was inside an arcade. I could have won at least a Gekiranger, but they ended up kicking me out because I was under 18, and it was the late hours. :bawling:

100% Kamen Rider supported, and therefore, I purchased. :laugh:

A nice childrens book I found in a bookstore inside a station after we got off the Shinkansen.

Same story as above.

Bad quality picture that I took in a SEGA Amusement Park. They're Super Sentai parody, I think. Please, can someone explain these?



More Toku related Gashapon.

Darn it! I wish this was Kabuto!

YAY! On the tour bus to Odaiba. And don't ask about Bumblebee's sticker. It fell of in Kyoto, and I just got it repaired when I returned to the States.



Masks in a shop outside a shrine. They look awesome, but I didn't buy any.

Inside the DECKS in Odaiba, there were viynls like no tomorrow. Unfortunately, there were no Kabuto ones.

At this point, I wandered off and ran into a Toys R Us (YES! I purchased a Transformer (Bumblebee, See-Through windows) and a Geki shirt for my nephew). Here, there are literally aisles made for people like us! Man, all the little kids were like "Den-O Belto!" and "DenLiner!" and some even carried the Liners stacked up taller than they were! Man, and their parents were supporting their purchases too! Oh yeah, and there was this one kid playing with an Ultraman toy with his dad and were talking like they were in the show or something! Aw man, it was just too cool!

~$60?! You nuts?! Man, I should have purchased.

Oh yes, I was lucky to get this picture. The toys were in a toy shop near the shrine in Asakusa, which they bought toys from places like Toys R Us and then sell them for even higher prices. They often carry rare toys, like Kabuto viynls (unfortunately, they were all Masked form). So when I took this picture, the old woman was yelling at me and saying "if you want it, you have to buy it, no pictures!" and I'm like "OK OK" and ran as fast as I could. Too bad they didn't have the COR Gatack or anyone else.

What's this? Some sorta Lotto game. Don't ask. It'd be appreciated if someone could explain this though.

This runs for almost $200 (American). This is when I wandered off and FOUND a mall (Matsuya Asakusa). A lot of Toku stuff there.

This was in Yodobashi Camera. Some nice DVDs, some only lasting 30 minutes (one episode). It was funny, because when I was done taking this picture and started to look at there God Speed Love copies, they only had one, and it was the basic one. But then the guy came up with a handful of DVDs and restocked the GSLs and there was the Making of and Directors Cut and everything. It was funny. He was like "oh sorry" and did it really fast. He didn't know where to put the Boukenger stuff, because it was nothing but GekiRanger. :laugh:

Still in Yodobashi Camera. Yeah, if you can't find the Kamen Rider toy you wanted, then you're lost. Here, they had EVERYTHING. From Kamen Rider to Hippos to Hello Kitty.

Like any toy store, Yodobashi Camera has aisles dedicated to people like us. They had ALL the Shochaku Henshin Kabuto guys (Gatack and TheBee) but they were in a glass case! I asked my teacher (Mr. Thorndill) to translate what it said on the glass, and he was like "I think its whatever is in this glass is 1,100 yen" and I'm like "YOU SERIOUS?! ASK THEM TO TAKE OUT THIS GATACK AND THEBEE!". Unfortunately, the thing they were advertising was this rotating stand for your figures.
They were right there. I asked the woman if she had any more Kabuto toys, but she was like "Yes, we have Kamen Rider, but it's Den-O, see?" and she shows me the logo. Darn. It looked like the store that would have my Zecters. I swear, they had EVERY henshin device in this aisle of Kamen Rider BUT Kabuto. They had Blade, Den-O, The classic, Black, etc.
Ok, on to what I actually purchased.
Well, I told you guys before, that I was on a trip to Japan! Well, now I'm back (well, technically, I got back like 3 weeks ago, but a lot of jetlag and issues rose, so I couldn't have time to type this stuff up until now)!
Ok, so while in Japan, I have to say, it was impossible to avoid Kamen Rider and Super Sentai. Now, for the pictures that I took exclusively for you guys!

Japanese POWER RANGERS. Just looks awesome!

I found these toys on a stop from the highway from Osaka to Kyoto.

This, of course, is from a Shinto shrine. If you can read Japanese, you'll find this little wooden block intriguing. :laugh:

This was in Osaka inside this electronics store (and this toy was found in the hobby floor). Japan's stores tend to be like towers and with a lot of floors that are a room big, but each room is a new store! I was going to pick this up, but avoided it because I was afraid I'd run into more expensive Kamen Rider toys later in the trip. :bawling:

Same story as above. Inside the same hobby shop. I was going to purchase, but I didn't.

While waiting for the bus, I ran into this little fabric shop, and found these. I think you put them on your backpack or something, since all backpacks in school are uniform. But I could be wrong.

Before entering that thousand torii gate shrine in Kyoto, I found this in a little shop. I was looking at it with another kid with his parents, who were really into this. :anime:

While at a BOOK OFF in Kyoto, I found this in a video store. It says its 100 yen, but they were selling them for 50. I didn't purchase this because it seemed lame, and I was afraid I'd run into the real Zecters. This along with a candy Kabuto toy were paired together. I purchased the Kabuto one.


In that same BOOK OFF, there was Gashapon machines!

Me (in red) with my newly won Gatack toy. I was going crazy, because I could have ended up with one of those freaky guys or the original Kamen Rider, but I got GATACK! YEAH!!!!!!!!! Ok.

This was inside an arcade. I could have won at least a Gekiranger, but they ended up kicking me out because I was under 18, and it was the late hours. :bawling:

100% Kamen Rider supported, and therefore, I purchased. :laugh:

A nice childrens book I found in a bookstore inside a station after we got off the Shinkansen.

Same story as above.

Bad quality picture that I took in a SEGA Amusement Park. They're Super Sentai parody, I think. Please, can someone explain these?



More Toku related Gashapon.

Darn it! I wish this was Kabuto!

YAY! On the tour bus to Odaiba. And don't ask about Bumblebee's sticker. It fell of in Kyoto, and I just got it repaired when I returned to the States.



Masks in a shop outside a shrine. They look awesome, but I didn't buy any.

Inside the DECKS in Odaiba, there were viynls like no tomorrow. Unfortunately, there were no Kabuto ones.

At this point, I wandered off and ran into a Toys R Us (YES! I purchased a Transformer (Bumblebee, See-Through windows) and a Geki shirt for my nephew). Here, there are literally aisles made for people like us! Man, all the little kids were like "Den-O Belto!" and "DenLiner!" and some even carried the Liners stacked up taller than they were! Man, and their parents were supporting their purchases too! Oh yeah, and there was this one kid playing with an Ultraman toy with his dad and were talking like they were in the show or something! Aw man, it was just too cool!

~$60?! You nuts?! Man, I should have purchased.

Oh yes, I was lucky to get this picture. The toys were in a toy shop near the shrine in Asakusa, which they bought toys from places like Toys R Us and then sell them for even higher prices. They often carry rare toys, like Kabuto viynls (unfortunately, they were all Masked form). So when I took this picture, the old woman was yelling at me and saying "if you want it, you have to buy it, no pictures!" and I'm like "OK OK" and ran as fast as I could. Too bad they didn't have the COR Gatack or anyone else.

What's this? Some sorta Lotto game. Don't ask. It'd be appreciated if someone could explain this though.

This runs for almost $200 (American). This is when I wandered off and FOUND a mall (Matsuya Asakusa). A lot of Toku stuff there.

This was in Yodobashi Camera. Some nice DVDs, some only lasting 30 minutes (one episode). It was funny, because when I was done taking this picture and started to look at there God Speed Love copies, they only had one, and it was the basic one. But then the guy came up with a handful of DVDs and restocked the GSLs and there was the Making of and Directors Cut and everything. It was funny. He was like "oh sorry" and did it really fast. He didn't know where to put the Boukenger stuff, because it was nothing but GekiRanger. :laugh:

Still in Yodobashi Camera. Yeah, if you can't find the Kamen Rider toy you wanted, then you're lost. Here, they had EVERYTHING. From Kamen Rider to Hippos to Hello Kitty.

Like any toy store, Yodobashi Camera has aisles dedicated to people like us. They had ALL the Shochaku Henshin Kabuto guys (Gatack and TheBee) but they were in a glass case! I asked my teacher (Mr. Thorndill) to translate what it said on the glass, and he was like "I think its whatever is in this glass is 1,100 yen" and I'm like "YOU SERIOUS?! ASK THEM TO TAKE OUT THIS GATACK AND THEBEE!". Unfortunately, the thing they were advertising was this rotating stand for your figures.
Ok, on to what I actually purchased.
Last edited by a moderator:









