Today's brush with real-life horror.

I know I'm new to the community here, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry you (or anybody for that matter) had to experience something like this. Even if the event wasn't carried out just the idea that it could have is enough to shake anyone up.

I think I would be inclined to agree with JC though. I would imagine it was very hard for that student to come foward. Afterall, being a teenager is a confusing enough time without suddenly realizing that people you know are preparing a massacre. But he did. He found the guts to do that and as a result lives have been saved. There will always be monsters or people who surrender their humanity, but there will also always be people who move past their fears and henshin into something better by finding the courage to make a stand.
 
Yeah right. Oh my god, JFC, you serious think they would say something like "We knew" if they were just going to egg the school? ****, half the school would've been in on it and the principal would've held an assembly to address pranks. At least that's what they did when we egged the school and we did it anyway....
That WAS kinda the point I was making dude. Did you even read the post that I was replying to and take into account the context of what I was saying? Try doing that first and before you make your smartass comments like that.

Oh, and what the **** is up with your quad-post? There IS an edit button you know, it DOES work.
 
I wasn't even referring to you JFC, and chill out. Do you talk to any and everybody like this? My god....

also everytime i press the edit, i get a error page so thats why i did that. maybe its the work comp...
 
^ Thanks Blue.

I wasn't even referring to you JFC, and chill out. Do you talk to any and everybody like this? My god....
You're a bad liar. You referred to me SPECIFICALLY by my username when you said THIS (I've even highlighted in red for you):
Yeah right. Oh my god, JFC, you serious think they would say something like "We knew" if they were just going to egg the school? ****, half the school would've been in on it and the principal would've held an assembly to address pranks. At least that's what they did when we egged the school and we did it anyway....
I only talk to people like this when they make comments to me/about me the way that you did. You made a smartass comment, and you got one back. If you can't take it, then don't dish it out. You show respect, and THEN you get it back, NOT the other way around.


also everytime i press the edit, i get a error page so thats why i did that. maybe its the work comp...
If that were the case, then you wouldn't be able to make posts or even access the forum in the first place. The edit button isn't anything complex or overly technical. It's a simple function like the "forward" and "back" buttons at the top of your browser. Use the edit button, don't be a lazy-ass.
 
Well, they held a press conference earlier today with the chief of police, a high ranking city detective, the mayor of Green Bay, and the Superintendent of Schools. It was mostly to give out details of how things went down. The student who came forward learned of this plot less than 8 hours before reporting it. The kids who were close to the two thugs didn't know WHAT was happening, but they started to notice that the two were more and more depressed, and they talked about suicide more and more.

One thing that made me cheer was the overall tone of what the people said. They didn't pose the same stupid questions that they did at Columbine. No one said 'What movies were they watching? Did they listen to heavy metal music? What video games did they play?' Instead, they laid the blame solely on the kids and their parents. The question was asked several times 'How bad were these parents? Is there something we can charge the parents with?' That made me proud. So yeah, this whole mess is just starting. Guys, lemme know if you see GB on the news anywhere, ok? And remember, Green Bay is NOT all nut jobs.
 
Glad to see that there's still some responsible, knowledgeable people out there who don't automatically blame heavy metal music for what these guys were planning to do. More often than not, unfortunately, the cause of the problem is closer than people will realize, namely the home.


And sandman54301, sorry if this thread got a little off-track. I just really don't like lame excuses for people's behaviour.
 
You know, I took Asian philosophy in college, because even though I am a Christian, I think most world views have at least some wisdom in them. And this situation reminds me of something Confucian:

Confucius said that all of our social relationships in this world; village, state, country, business, etc. are all based on our family relationships. Since the family social structure is the one we are born into, it is the most powerful. Therefore, if that structure (the family bond) is not functioning as it should, none of our other social relationships will work either. I think that applies pretty well here. These kids didn't have many friends because they were treated badly at home. Anyway, i don't know for sure of course. But yeah, those are my thoughts.
 
Wow, thank God that was prevented. I just prey that God will go into the hearts of people like that and keep them from doing those things.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top