Things, moments or people you hated in Tokusatsu.

Filadelfo

New Member
I'd like to know what you didn't like about the series you have seen.

Like when:
-They killed off half the villain group in Turboranger, not that I liked them too much, in fact I loved Yamimaru's new armor, but why, all of sudden kill three main baddies? (Turboranger)
-Igam turning into a nun? A NUN? (Maskman)
-That piece of junk Super Turbo Robo (Turboranger) and Great Titan (Flashman).
-Gai's death. (Jetman)
-Buldont and Multiwa's mechanical offspring... (Ohranger)
-The short time they gave Grand Liner to shine. (GoGo V)
-Furabijo reviving so many times... (Hurricanger and crossovers)
-Akaza Banban (Dekaranger)
-Ultimate Daibouken, episodic format and Gajah's lame end. (Boukenger)
-Gaoranger mecha syndrome. (Gekiranger)

-The uneven eye colors of the three priests. (Kamen Rider Black)
-Kuuga's somehow confuse storyline compared to the much superior story of Agito.
-Kusaka Masato. (KR 555)
-The third quarter of Kabuto and it's gray characters like Dark Kabuto or Negishi.
 
^Sandman54301 told me about that with Cosmos. :laugh:

-The only thing I can say I hate is when the comedy kicks in and is lame. Unlike Den-O where I can actually laugh at the ****.

-Another thing I hate is that I think Ultraman can go a bit darker (ala SevenX).

-The Joyous happy music that I find ruins a scene in any genre. Keep it fucken hard and rockin'. :buttrock:
 
I'll see if you guys can figure this one out ...



SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN? SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN? SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN? SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN!
SHOICHI-KUN? SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN!

SHOICHI-KUN?

SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN? SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! ... ...
 
I'll see if you guys can figure this one out ...



SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN? SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN? SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN? SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN!
SHOICHI-KUN? SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN!

SHOICHI-KUN?

SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN? SHOICHI-KUN! SHOICHI-KUN! ... ...
I'm sorry, are you looking for someone? I didn't quite catch the name.

Yeah, I found that be so damn annoying as well.
 
-Akaza Banban (Dekaranger)
-Kusaka Masato. (KR 555)
-The third quarter of Kabuto and it's gray characters like Dark Kabuto or Negishi.

Banban was one of the most annoying characters ever.
Kusaka, WHY CAN'T YOU JUST BE NICE?
I would have said the third and fourth quaters(so half), I just ended up really not liking it at all. The Hoppers were great characters, but totally pointless towards the story and only really there for fangirls to get off on.

Faiz's completely open ending made me a bit annoyed, I was kinda hoping they would finish it off in a TV special at some point, but guess not :(

DekaBreak being a really cool Sentai, but overall a bit boring character. Apart from the dress-ups.

BoukenSilvers suit, just eww.

Kamen Rider Delta being amazing, then sucking when he became just "back-up".

NO REAL ENDING TO RYUKI AT ALL.
 
I actually liked the end for Ryuki.
Mine has to be the characters that kick you down and laugh in your face (Houjo-san from Agito, Kaixa cant remember his name, etc.)
 
General complaints:
-Monsters of the week based on everyday and/or household items.
-Too many mecha.
-Overkilled animal themed sentai.
-Too many Riders.
-Soccer ball/Football based sentai finishers.
-Rider soundtracks since Avex got ahold of them
-That Hironobu Kageyama signed over to a new label and can't do any more sentai songs.
-Project DMM never growing out of puberty.

Sentai moments:

[HIDE]-Goranger's brutal 84 episode running time.
-Miyauchi is awesome, but I still don't like how JAKQ became clowned up with him.
-How Chimera despised her cousin, Megiddo, for the entirety of Dynaman, but kissed his ass once he killed Aton and took over.
-That there was never a proper episode of Liveman where Tetsuya and Jun'ichi seemed sad/pissed off enough about their killed siblings to get revenge on the VOLT members responsible.
-Gai's death.
-Everybody in Jetman falling in love with Kaori. Ryu and Gai were enough, but then they wrote in Raita? Sheesh.
-The complete miscasting of suit actors in Zyuranger. Scrawny, little Edward Furlong Boy became the big and tall Tiger Ranger? Freaky tall Goushi became the short Mammoth Ranger?
-Junior's early exit in Kakuranger.
-Timeranger's cold and unlikable cast. A great show, with great story and characters, but that cast keeps it from being as involving as it should be.
-How less fun Gaoranger became when Fuutarou showed up and complained about the enviroment.
-Shun Shioya, the worst sentai actor of all time.
-Toei never making good on all of Shurikenger's disguises.
-Rejewel.
-Akaza...Banban.
-Tetsu starting off as a cool, elite superior and becoming dumber the more he hung around Dekaranger, to the point of calling them "sempai."
-How every single character in Magiranger died and came back about...oh, 10 times, I really lost count. Too many villains turning good out of nowhere, too. Mahou's not just a sacred power, a road to adventure, but a convenient plot device!
-The Boukenger calling themselves adventurers, thrill-seekers, yet producing the most boring series in sentai history.[/HIDE]

Kamen Rider:

[HIDE]-Kamen Rider 1's brutal 98 episode running length.
-The fact that a Shocker Rider entered the Amigo, still transformed, while Tachibana and the others never questioned why "Hongo" was still henshin'd or why he was yellow with a pink scarf.
-That Tackle stayed dead, when every other dead Rider hero can be resurrected as many times as they feel like.
-That ZX was never given a proper series or film; what a way to waste an interesting design and Shun Sugata!
-Joe, the guy who stalked RX.
-How Kitaoka/Zolda went from being a cruel, selfish, calculating son of a bitch to becoming a jester out of "Porky's."
-How Kiba easily tossed away everything he believed in, because the show suddenly realized they needed to make good on the scene in the opening credits and that they can't have a character who's a better person than the main hero.
-Kaido, the most worthless and obnoxious character in the history of tokusatsu.
-Takeru Satou's overly-exaggerated, put on "wimpy" voice in Den-O. When you have 27 voice actors being over-the-top and yelling at each other as the Imagin, he doesn't need to toss that in there.[/HIDE]

Metal Heroes:

[HIDE]-Watching an Uchuu Keiji without the appropriate hallucinatory drug required to enjoy it with.
-Having to sit through the same exact footage of Spielban's Gran Nazca in robot mode.
-Seemingly every opposing ninja Jiraiya comes across becomes his buddy by the episode's end.
-The lightening of Blue Swat; the gratuitous and horribly designed Gold Platinum.
-The nasty designs of the heroes and villains in B-Fighter; it seriously hinders my enjoyment of the show.[/HIDE]

As for SHOUICHI-KUN!...I remember Touko Fujita (Ozawa) poking fun at that during the premiere of Project G4. I think Shinji's "OI, MATTE YO, REN!" or Kenzaki's "TACHIBANA-SAN!!!!" was worse, though. It literally seemed like every episode of Ryuki, Shinji would say that two or ten times.
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top