Things, moments or people you hated in Tokusatsu.

I loved Tendou. I hated the Hyper Zecter and the Perfect Zecter. The good ol' Kabuto action was incredible; we didn't need all the jazz that made him near to invincible. However, I disagree with the statement that Tendou had no struggles. Didn't he have quite a bit on his plate with saving Hiyori and countering the Natives?
 
Hmm? I know what you meant. ;)

I also hate it how power-ups are overused. Namely, Blade King Form and Hyper Kabuto. It's been a while since Hibiki, but if I remember correctly Soukou was used quite a bit as well.
 
- the second half of Kabuto, its greatness just went downhill!! :shakefist
- everything that happened in Boukenger, except for Souta's moments.
- that stupid cup noodle episode in Jetman, it's just so wtf.

uhhh.. can't remember about the others that I hated..
 
Oh geez where do I start.

- Tendou
- everything (no exceptions!) in Kabuto not long after Gatack's debut
- Hibiki's second half/ending
- Kusaka
- Faiz's ending
- hosted Ultras. Seriously, making your own body is a lot cooler.
- the majority of Boukenger after Eiji's debut, there were a couple good eps but they can be counted on one hand
- Gekiranger (yes, all of it)
- HOW MEBIUS WILL NEVER BE CONTINU-- :bawling: :bawling: *gets her fangirl ass dragged out of the thread*
 
I'm sure Mebius will be seen again in some way. Since Tsuburaya isn't like Toei and actually link a lot of their shows, it's possible...though I don't see it happening in Seven X (obviously) or Ultra Galaxy.
 
Things: Really blatant, obvious, and Bandai gimmicks that are incongruous IMO for a superhero action show. Really bad suit design and gratuitous alt. from that often result in bad suit design. Though there are times when I was able to get past such a gimmick. For example, despite my feelings on card based powers, something about Blade started to work for me.

Moments: Any time a otherwise dramatically toned series spastically goes uber wacky and/or does so on a regular basis. This is not a "How dare you have humor in my hero action story!" thing. Far from it. But I think there are ways to have humor that don't disrupt the overall tone. The biggest example (and probably the one I've complanied about the most) is Kabuto. Especially with the cooking wacky. If I'm watching Yakitate Japan, I expect that. I want that. If I'm watching Kamen Rider not so much..

People:
Alot of Ryuki characters.
Drake.
Kitazaki.
The emo Hoppers.
Cobra and Snake from The First.
Magired. Jan/GekiRed.
..but the one to utterly annoy above all would have to be Kusaka/Kaixa. Not only did I hate his character as a Rider but I hated how the writing made the other characters put up with his garbage way past the point where it really made sense for them to. I understand that he was kinda supposed to be the rival and all but even the rival needs to be genuinely likable on some level. So I guess one of the reasons I like Paradise Lost is obvious. :P
 
General complaints:
-Monsters of the week based on everyday and/or household items.
-Too many mecha.
-Overkilled animal themed sentai.
-Soccer ball/Football based sentai finishers.
-Sentai soundtracks since Hironobu Kageyama signed over to a new label.
Sentai moments:

[HIDE]
-Goranger's brutal 84 episode running time.
-Timeranger's cold and unlikable cast. A great show, with great story and characters, but that cast keeps it from being as involving as it should be.
-How less fun Gaoranger became when Fuutarou showed up and complained about the enviroment.
-Toei never making good on all of Shurikenger's disguises.
-Akaza...Banban.
-Tetsu starting off as a cool, elite superior and becoming dumber the more he hung around Dekaranger, to the point of calling them "sempai."
-How every single character in Magiranger died and came back about...oh, 10 times, I really lost count. Too many villains turning good out of nowhere, too. Mahou's not just a sacred power, a road to adventure, but a convenient plot device!
-The Boukenger calling themselves adventurers, thrill-seekers, yet producing the most boring series in sentai history.[/HIDE]

Uhmm, dude, the Gaorangers lasted for 51 episodes, not 84 episodes. Timeranger may not have like the best cast, but hey, it was worth it. Now for Shuricanger, I thought it would have been possible to just give him one disguise, the actor who played Mega Blue as Shuricanger. FYI, I love the Magirangers, so I don't have any complaints about that. As for the Boukengers, I think they should have focused more on the development in the characters.

My only complaint was the fact that there wasn't room for Go Go Sentai Boukenger vs. Magiranger.

My number 2 complaint is that the Boukenger vs SS teamup should be more like Gaoranger vs. SS. Meaning more stock footages of earlier Sentai heroes and heroes that served as a background of the SS history.

Testu may have been a higher ranking officer then the main core Dekarangers, but he the way I saw was that he didn't really knew much about the true strength he has when he is fightening for the people of the earth. Remember episode. 40?!?!

Now for the general part. I thought there were some sentai soundtrack that were pretty decent, only a minority of songs didn't match the image of some parts of the series. The monsters of the week however, well they would have done something better for them. I am just not into the Movie monster. I personally don't have anything against the sentai mecha, the pretty much put a smile on my face.

Alright, I am done.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top