The Nature of Open-Ended VS Close-Ended Series in Tokusatsu

Whether endings are open or closed has no impact on the quality of the ending.

They really need to end though. The plot needs to be resolved and while minor details may be left unanswered the major plot mysteries should be addressed.

Prime example of a Rider series that never actually ended: Decade.

The final episode of the tv series was a cliffhanger. The movie that was supposed to end it was a crossover with W, so the last thing we ever see Decade do is fight some random generic movie monster, which is not at all a good climax for his entire story arc.

Meanwhile Narutaki is STILL running around, with no one, not even the writers, having any idea what the heck his deal is. Narutaki ends up even sticking around even for SHT, where he was still basically just a big troll.

D

Dr Kain

However it is worth noting that closure doesn't mean a climactic final battle, nor a "big payoff". I keep referring back to Blade's ending as a non-traditional but excellent example of this.

I will agree to this, which is why I changed what I meant to closure.

A simple passerby...
I will agree to this, which is why I changed what I meant to closure.

Don't take this as an insult or anything personal, it's just based on what I've been reading so far, but I don't think you understood exactly what closure meant.

Faiz is actually the best series for a good closure. I don't think I've ever seen a better and more symbolic ending. Closure means that the people move on. If you want the Rider to destroy the entire Orphenoch race, sorry it's not possible. It's a potential within human beings themselves, so you can't destroy that.

Second, the King isn't dead... so what? It just means that someday he'll come back, and... hopefully Faiz will rise up again, whenever Orphenochs threaten the existence of mankind.

Everyone moved on. The fact that they could move on from such an event in their lives, facing so many tough battles and losing loved ones along the way, and the fact that they could still live and continue being alive and happy after, that's the miracle.

From Loner to Saviour. I don't think Kento Handa was the best actor to portray Faiz, to be honest, I think Kamen Rider deserves a bigger budget because their stories require it. It's grand and epic, and I think the lousy filming, CGI, and the cutting of precious scenes and limitations to 23 minutes an episode is really killing these shows.