The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Faded.Memories

Im not straight but my boyfriend is
Saw a preview for this attached to "The Incredible Hulk".

I am a big "Mummy" fan....except for "The Scorpian King" that just sucked.

As a matter of fact, watching the first Mummy movie was when I first saw and fell in love with my absolute favourite actress, Rachel Weisz. Wow...that was in 1999. LOL.

Anyways, I know that Rachel is not in this movie. I've known that for a looong time. And I LOVE Maria Bellow (her replacement), but seeing Maria as Evie last night in the preview...just....UGH. Breaks my heart. I'm sure she'll be lovely for some people as Evie...but...I'm only going to be able to think, " Damn...I wish Rachel were in this."

Anyways, all in all from the preview it looked good. Brendan looks amazing, John Hannah looks brilliant as always...I'm not sure about the guy they got to play Alex. He looks..well...I don't know.

AND Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh are in it. I knew Jet was going to be in it, but I didn't know Michelle was going to be too. YUMM-O.

I like how in the trailer Alex says the Mummy has control over the five elements...which if memory serves me right will be: water, fire, wood, metal and earth. Which everything is pretty much made of. So that will be interesting.

And yes I'll mention once more how sad I am that Rachel is not Evie. :disappoin

Here's the trailer.
 
Eh, dunno about this movie. I'm getting a stereotypical vibe from it, just like "The Forbidden Kingdom".

LOL, if you don't want 'stereotypical', do not watch anything made in Hollywood, you know what I'm sayin'?

Michelle is reason enough to see this. My absolute favorite Bond Girl.

OMG I KNOOOOOW *fangirl dances*. Funny story: Back when "Goldeneye" came out, I developed a HUUUGE crush on Pierce Brosnan. I was like...12. Anyways, when "Tomorrow Never Dies" came out, it INSTANTLY because my fave because a) Michelle Yeoh was chinese, and so was I, and I therefore deduced with my pre-teen mind that Pierce would love me too and b) Wai Lin didn't NEED James to save her...she kicked ass all on her own!

I LOVE YOU MICHEEEEEELE!

Also Jet Li is hot. *ahem*


*still mourns for lack of Rachel*
 
I'm gonna go see the Hulk tonight (took me long enough with my busy-as-hell work schedule), so I'll just wait to see the preview tonight in HD :thumbs:
 
LOL, if you don't want 'stereotypical', do not watch anything made in Hollywood, you know what I'm sayin'?
Oh God, I so agree.

Fun fact: I heard on angryasianman.com, a meeting that took place behind closed doors revealed some info on the Green Hornet movie. When the discussion came about who'd play Kato, this... well, find it for yourself on www.angryasianman.com

They apparently were thinking of Rain, the mega-famous Korean popstar. An attendee stated that Kato was Chinese and that Rain is Korean. The executives there stated, "Yeah, but he's one of those people". :shakefist

Faded.Memories said:
OMG I KNOOOOOW *fangirl dances*. Funny story: Back when "Goldeneye" came out, I developed a HUUUGE crush on Pierce Brosnan. I was like...12. Anyways, when "Tomorrow Never Dies" came out, it INSTANTLY because my fave because a) Michelle Yeoh was chinese, and so was I, and I therefore deduced with my pre-teen mind that Pierce would love me too...

Was? :sly:
 
LOL! Sorry, was speaking in past tense. I'm still Asian. :thumbs:


That reminds me of the controversy when Zhang Ziyi, Gong Li and Michelle Yeoh starred as Geisha in "Memoirs of a Geisha", and how they were Chinese, not Japanese.

I say if you have the talent to play the part, and you're an actor (meaning you can play anything if you have the ability), you should play it, and race should not matter. Now that being said, I wouldn't ever want to see say... Nicolas Cage trying to pull of Bruce Lee in an autobiographical movie..

Also: Found another trailer for the Mummy 3.

Rick: Yeaah...same mummy...TWICE! <--- LOLOLOLOL ohhh Rick. I love you.
 
ALSO: ARDETH BAY IS NOT IN THIS MOVIE!!!! :(:(:( FAIL.

ETA: Although...it makes sense since they're in China, not Egypt.
 
Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh are the main reason I plan to watch. :buttrock:

I love HK Kung Fu actors/actress, they are both badass.

Oh, and Michelle Yeoh is frickin' hot. RAWR.
 
Hey Faded, didn't you post pictures on this board once? I swore I thought you were white o_0;

EDIT: Well I dove through the Secret Identities thread and found pictures of you and your hubby (sitcom audience goes "Awwww..."). Nice pics of the Bruce and Brandon graves. I want to be there one day.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top