The most "nuts" Super Sentai shows? Also, the most violent ones

For wacky and crazy, I have to go with Kakuranger and Carranger. Kakuranger because it just has so many wacky moments in every episode that just makes it funny. As for Carranger, the has the most weird but hilarious moments like when they went the the hot springs and Dappu got hit with the beam (I'm gonna call it the "Stripping Beam") then starts taking off his clothes in front of everyone which everyone is trying not to see what was happening. Also, the relationship with Red Racer/Kyousuke and Zonnette is pretty weird and hilarious within itself since it just fully reminds me of the hilarious awkward times of middle school love between a boy and a girl.

For violent, I have to say Jetman and Liveman for me which Jetman gets more violent near the end and Liveman just violent all around dealing with the story around it even though it does have it's weird moments from Kemp ing his beautiful form and his "beautiful" attacks. Maskman has some violent moments but it just takes awhile to get there depending on which episode it is.
 
Last edited:
Well, for one thing Troma quality is pretty awesome, I'd put The Toxic Avenger up there with anything.

I'm not dissing on Troma; in fact, when any toku adapt is doing good, I refer it as their Troma/Corman moments. Cause as absurd as it is, I end up liking it.

Also out of curiosity, which shows are "Turbo Teen + Hokuto No Ken + Cop" and "Disco + Bruce Lee + Outer Planets"?

Unfortunately, they're not Super Sentai, but rather...Kamen Riders...

Terui and Ryusei

Bizarre motifs like that can beat out "Ecto Phase Activiate" any day.

Now that you mention it...Ryusei can do Hokuto Shin Ken also...:laugh:

I waiting for the next wierd, but badass thing to happen...then again, whole...

Samba + Dinosaurs + Batteries + Guns is growing on me...

...cause I can see a certain red ranger, whose hand his is burning red and its loud roar tells him to grasp victory, which will result in him knocking out a giant monster with a single punch unmorphed.:169:
Also, the relationship with Red Racer/Kyousuke and Zonnette is pretty weird and hilarious within itself since it just fully reminds me of the hilarious awkward times of middle school love between a boy and a girl.

The thing that stood out for me in regards to Carranger...

White Racer and her Cat Mecha
Chief Miura chasing Kyosuke with a machine gun

Liveman just violent all around dealing with the story around it even though it does have it's weird moments from Kemp ing his beautiful form and his "beautiful" attacks. Maskman has some violent moments but it just takes awhile to get there depending on which episode it is.

Still the pregnant Green Sai gives me WTF Moments.
 
Samba + Dinosaurs + Batteries + Guns is growing on me...
Is there really anything weird or crazy about that though? To me, I mean sure I've seen zillions of anime and cartoons/comics, but that show feels very much by the book to me. Glad to see you're a Troma fan, long live art!
 
Is there really anything weird or crazy about that though? To me, I mean sure I've seen zillions of anime and cartoons/comics, but that show feels very much by the book to me. Glad to see you're a Troma fan, long live art!

Motif combinations throws it off for me. As Keith mentioned, the series has to sell it.


PS: If anything Sgt Kabukiman is the closest toku thing Troma ever did and I feel they should give him another shot. If you can do Toxic Avengers, you can do a badass Kabukiman.

And who doesn't like the fact Michael Jai White couldn't fight Toxie because he was late for piano lessons.
 
The thing that stood out for me in regards to Carranger...

White Racer and her Cat Mecha
Chief Miura chasing Kyosuke with a machine gun



Still the pregnant Green Sai gives me WTF Moments.

I haven't seen that yet so I'll give my thoughts on it as soon as I can. It seems like White Racer is going to be one of those hilarious characters that I will love.

Oh I can't wait to get to that episode. I already have my face ready for when I see it. This is going to be my response for that whole episode: Jackie-chan-meme.avif
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top