ClimaxHeroDen-O
Ore, Sanjou!
now I've brought this up in the Gaim merch thread, but it seems better to talk about it in a separate thread, and in a non-aggressive manner.
as most of you should probably know, Kachidoki Arms' weapon is called the Hinawa Daidai DJ Juu, but just about every English-speaking fansite calls it the "DJ Gun", which was the initial name told from the scan before it was known what the kanji read as.
now, I get that people say it that way to be brief about it, but I pose a question that was said before in the merch thread: why not call it the "DJ Juu" instead of the "DJ Gun"?
the name uses the kanji for gun (銃) instead of katakana (ガン), and I don't see most people calling the Sengoku Driver the "Warring States Driver" or the Musou Saber the "Unrivaled Saber"(except AesirSubs, but their translator is infamous for translating things that generally shouldn't be) so why translate the kanji of Kachidoki Arms' weapon?
note: this is me just stating my own thoughts, not trying to force them on anybody
as most of you should probably know, Kachidoki Arms' weapon is called the Hinawa Daidai DJ Juu, but just about every English-speaking fansite calls it the "DJ Gun", which was the initial name told from the scan before it was known what the kanji read as.
now, I get that people say it that way to be brief about it, but I pose a question that was said before in the merch thread: why not call it the "DJ Juu" instead of the "DJ Gun"?
the name uses the kanji for gun (銃) instead of katakana (ガン), and I don't see most people calling the Sengoku Driver the "Warring States Driver" or the Musou Saber the "Unrivaled Saber"(except AesirSubs, but their translator is infamous for translating things that generally shouldn't be) so why translate the kanji of Kachidoki Arms' weapon?
note: this is me just stating my own thoughts, not trying to force them on anybody
Last edited by a moderator: