NintendoRepairman87
Mushroom Kingdom Expert
As someone who absolutely loved Fallout, this news makes me feel hopeful. The show surprised me in so many ways. I expected something cheesy or confusing, but what I got was a series full of heart, smart humor, and a believable world—even with all the weird stuff like ghouls and giant bugs. If the Fallout team is behind Wolfenstein, then I trust them. They know how to handle game adaptations with respect and creativity.
Of course, Wolfenstein is a very different story. It’s darker, more serious, and more violent. But that’s okay. I believe this team can change the tone and still succeed. Patrick Somerville is a brilliant writer. He made me care deeply about people in Station Eleven—and that show had a sad, heavy mood too. If he applies the same emotional focus here, the Wolfenstein show can work even if I don’t know the full game history.
Honestly, I just want something that feels as alive as Fallout. That world felt big, with real people trying to survive in their own ways. If Wolfenstein gives me that same feeling—of being pulled into a complex world with strong characters—I’ll be watching every episode. I’m not worried about the differences. The team has already proven they can turn pixels into people I care about.
Of course, Wolfenstein is a very different story. It’s darker, more serious, and more violent. But that’s okay. I believe this team can change the tone and still succeed. Patrick Somerville is a brilliant writer. He made me care deeply about people in Station Eleven—and that show had a sad, heavy mood too. If he applies the same emotional focus here, the Wolfenstein show can work even if I don’t know the full game history.
Honestly, I just want something that feels as alive as Fallout. That world felt big, with real people trying to survive in their own ways. If Wolfenstein gives me that same feeling—of being pulled into a complex world with strong characters—I’ll be watching every episode. I’m not worried about the differences. The team has already proven they can turn pixels into people I care about.