takeru from shinkenger : perhaps the best red ranger?

I think the idea of him is he's just very childish :sweat: Why do so many people think the Red has to be some kind of Rambo type? Look at the popularity of BoukenRed on here

while that maybe one of my problems with him, there's another thing about him that bugs me and its that he doesn't to assume the traditional Red Leader role at all

if there was even a Leader in Goseiger, it'd have to be Nozomu's dad for letting a bunch of children live in his basement/attic/wherever for free :redface2:

the Goseiger team looks like they have always been a tag along party of some kind
 
while that maybe one of my problems with him, there's another thing about him that bugs me and its that he doesn't to assume the traditional Red Leader role at all

if there was even a Leader in Goseiger, it'd have to be Nozomu's dad for letting a bunch of children live in his basement/attic/wherever for free :redface2:

the Goseiger team looks like they have always been a tag along party of some kind

They don't have a leader - there was an episode where they agreed not to have one because they think they work better as a team. Is that any worse than a series like Timeranger where the Red wasn't the leader?
 
They don't have a leader - there was an episode where they agreed not to have one because they think they work better as a team. Is that any worse than a series like Timeranger where the Red wasn't the leader?

Though it's also telling that Alata was the one that proposed not having a leader in that episode. He's not a straight-up commander-type but he's the guy keeping everyone's heads on straight and bringing out the best in them. That's one form of leadership. Maybe not the form that makes the grown-up audience's collective cock feel bigger, but whatever. :P

So anyway, I'm really looking forward to the crossover movie to see how Takeru's 16th-century Confucian feudal leadership style will interact with Alata's 21st-century crunchy granola socialist hippy leadership style (assuming it's well-written, and not, you know, crap).
 
Takeru is... definitely not the best red ranger, haha.

I like him a lot though, but I feel that... there were many "flaws" in his character that kinda spoiled everything.

Ideally, they could write Takeru off as a totally cold-hearted Lord; learning since young that servants are but servants, and shouldn't be treated anymore humanly, and from the first episode, they could at least show him being cold and cutting himself off from the rest, sorta giving off "Better than you" vibes.

From there, we could've branched the different characters - perhaps a super loyal Blue who understands all these, a rebellious Green who doesn't get why he has to be surpressed under someone else, a dumb Yellow who thinks it's right to just follow orders, and an understanding Pink who would then try to "connect" the Lord & the rest.

But hey, that's the sub-chars we got from Shinkenger actually, but unfortunately, none of them were well executed due to the poor writing.

From here, they could actually do a slow progression for Takeru; from a beginning Lord who views servants as nothing but servants, to a compassionate team player who finally understands teamwork. It may be cheesy, but I think it would garner pretty positive approval from the fanbase.
 
I like Takeru, I don't think I've watched enough Sentai to call him the best. So far out of what I've seen I either like the Red, or could take or leave them, I haven't really disliked a Red yet. The one that came the closest was Ryou who annoyed me because he felt like such a blank slate compared to the other Dairangers. After someone on here explained what they thought was great about him, and watching the arc that introduced Jin, I've come to really like Ryou.
 

That's...that's what they did... :redface2:

And yes I agree in saying that Takeru cannot be the best ever. There's 35 seasons at this point :laugh: He is damn good though. Also it's always hard to say what's best since opinions rule all :loltongue:
 
Takeru had some good development, but he is not even close to the best. First off, Ryo from DaiRanger is the best red ranger ever. The ones after that are NinjaRed (Kaku), GoRed (GoGoV), Red Falcon (Live), Red Hawk (Jet), AbaRed (Aba) and TyrannoRanger (Zyu).
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top