Sony Pictures picks up Captain Planet and the Planeteers live-action film

D

Dr Kain

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmypHQ5AUxQ"]Robot Chicken: Ted Turner Saves Earth - YouTube[/ame]

Some kind of Beast mode
Not the least bit surprised. It was only a matter of time. Then Voltron, Swat Cats..erithing.

I tell you what I want, need, and am 100% down for a Mummies Alive film.

Hope this flops, because:
1. The animated film that was scrapped was better than this.
1.5. The animated film would have been awesome.
2. The irony of an eco-friendly film being filmed on and using not so eco friendly methods. The metal that is mined for the technology creates pollutants in of themselves, especially every computer that is used by the crew to create Cap. Planet.
3. The fact that Big Oil is about as much in the picture with both sides, but that it will be ignored for the big bad conservative [classical liberal for foreign readers] republicans who hate everything with that.
4. All of the tree thumpers that will see this film likely own iPods, technology and other things developed from oil [such as plastics], drive a car , and use the internet which yet again pollutes the world from its facilities and from the harvesting and production of its metals, etc.
5.Will likely make Human-made Global Warming a threat when it isn't and never been.
6. Michael Bay or some other asinine director will direct this and turn it all into a joke. Apu the Indian kid will be saved by the Aryan Russian girl early on, and contribute nothing [or be a walking Indian stereotype] while American Gingerhead will become the love interest of the Asian girl while the Kenyan guy dies first or is in the background.

7. If an intelligent director does get this film, I want him to tackle both sides than strawmen and go about it in a far less simplistic way, perhaps inject some occult conspiracy theory mumbo jumbo like the Bohemian Grove crossed with Cthulhu with Ancient Aliens. And if this is still done and its a fun crazy film, I'd might see it. Aka is pollution wrong in all levels, or is some necessary in order to run the modern world for convenience's sake? If Pollution is tied to GCC or whatever the hell its called nowadays, then how?

8. This film will probably suck.....:disappoin

My predicted cast:

Karan Brar- Ma-Ti
Liam Hemsworth/Channing Tatum/Chris Pine-Wheeler. If Pine, then Wheeler is an asshole who never learns or develops.
Edi Gathegi/Don Cheadle-Kwame
Anastasia Baranova- Linka.
Rinko Kikuchi/Bae Doona -Gi

Ted Turner-Captain Planet.

Gaia-Iman Abdulmajid

Actually, in the cartoon Wheeler had a thing for Linka

Heh? Thats something new. The last time I seen an entire episode was almost ten years ago....

If they do this film, it better take inspiration from Hayao Miyazaki's works on this sort of environmental conflict. I just hate the oversimplification of issues being good versus evil, and not being merely tow different groups who see their way as the best, like real life. We got PETA and Greenpeace and then we got those of the far right that have theirs [whatever they are]. Both groups mean to do good for the people and environment, but have different viewpoints. Those who believe in industry don't believe in polluting an entire world while those who believe in the environment do not shun technology nad its benefits.

In the original series, it really didn't tackle this issue like many 80s-90s animated shows or even now, too simple and contrived.

n/s
Mind if I'm not mistaken but Captain Planet and the Planeteers tackles on AIDS and gang wars, aside from environmental issues. If only they'd tackle on immigration law, same-sex marriage, nuclear warfare and SOPA-like bills, then the movie version would have been plausible.