Solo Mech TTRPG Ion Heart Now On Backerkit

Peter Paltridge

Well-Known Member
Staff member
Parable Games is working on a sci-fi themed solo TTRPG called Ion Heart, and they’re currently running a crowdfunding campaign to finish it. The game reached its initial funding goal in six hours and, as of this writing, has earned six times that amount. In Ion Heart you’re a lone pilot exploring the galaxy, and you’ve inherited ownership of a sentient mech robot who has had many other owners over the years. Originally giant bots like yours were assembled to fight in a great war, but that war’s over and the robot is searching for its purpose….as are you. As you touch down on planets, explore solar systems and meet dozens of alien civilizations, what will you find, and can the both of you discover a place to call home? Don’t count on running into much conflict — this is what they call a “lo-fi” adventure. You’ll mainly be exploring and making up your own story. You decide what the backstories of both your character and your mech were. These
 
Hold on, a game set in a peaceful galaxy after a big war? That's a refreshing change! Most sci-fi stuff is all about blasting aliens. Exploring with a mech buddy sounds like a fun way to unwind after work. Love that the backstory choices affect your mech's abilities - adds a nice layer of depth. This might be worth checking out for my next game night, even if it's solo.
 
$19 for the core rulebook? Not bad! I'm always down for a new TTRPG, especially if it's something different like this solo adventure. Sounds like a good way to get my creative juices flowing without needing a whole group. Maybe I can convince my friend to get it too, then we can compare notes on our mech adventures!
 
Ion Heart seems like a great addition to the TTRPG world, especially for solo players or those looking for a more peaceful sci-fi experience. The "lo-fi" approach and focus on exploration are refreshing, and the ability to customize your pilot and mech adds a layer of depth.
 
Whoa, a solo mech RPG?! That sounds sooo cool! Exploring the galaxy with a giant robot best friend? Sign me up! I love that it's more chill and about exploring - perfect for someone like me who gets stressed in big battles. Gotta check out that Backerkit, maybe I can finally get my hands on a cool mech game
 
A solo RPG that's not super crunchy? Interesting. I’m always looking for games I can pick up and play without needing a whole group. The mech aspect is a cool twist. I’ll probably grab the digital version first to see if it’s something I’d want to invest in.
 
Creating your own story with a mech? Count me in! I love building worlds and characters. This game sounds like a perfect outlet for my imagination. I hope there's lots of room for creativity and character development.
 
A digital-only option? Nice! I prefer digital stuff anyway. Less clutter. I wonder how the digital version will look and if it has any interactive features. If the game is good, I might splurge on the physical copy later.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top