Smoke and Rain revealed as playable characters for Mortal Kombat 1

The moment I saw Mileena's new mouth and teeth, I said to myself, Challenge accepted. She is so sexy I am willing to take a risk.

I just saw the new Mortal Kombat 1 trailer and I'm completely blown away! It was intense to see Scorpion and Sub-Zero fight to define the mission of the Lin Kuei in Liu Kang's new Mortal Kombat Universe. Smoke's expertise of stealth and practical magic elevates the clan's goal to a whole new level of intrigue. I can't wait to join Smoke and the Lin Kuei in defending Earthrealm!

Kai

I notice Rain dont fight like a ninja anymore. His new gameplay reminds me of JP from Street Fighter 6 because he fights with a magical staff.

These combinations appear to be flawless! I am beyond excited about this game! This team definitely understands how to please their fans, whether it be through a fantastic story or through a horrific fatality, so let's not forget about the brutal fatality at the conclusion! I'm overjoyed!

Who thought it was a good idea for random characters to appear on screen in the Kameo system? This merely indicates to me that NRS has run out of ideas and is illiterate in their field. The striker system was abandoned by KOF for a reason.

This kind of game has simply captured my heart. Kameos! Who would have thought they could be utilized in such original and flexible ways? Kameo's combo breakers, combo extension, scorpion spear's agility, and the capacity to reset neutral. You can gain a lot of style points with lethal blow kameos and deaths. What kind of icy mischief will Subzero and Frost get up to? I'm going to have a lot of fun pairing them.

I had great expectations for Mortal Kombat 1 as a longtime Mortal Kombat fan, and they were realized.

I enjoy Smoke's new look, and having a Karambit in his arsenal is a nice touch. The rain will take some getting accustomed to. Almost makes me think he's Fujin's replacement, but also doesn't? I'm not sure why I believe that. If the Kameos for Cyrax and Sektor are any indication, we might get all of them back. However, I'd like to see their MK9 human forms again.

I couldn't help but be mesmerized by Rain's remarkable mastery of water wizardry while watching the trailer. In his capacity as the High Mage of Outworld, he adds a strong and perilous part to the game. Smoke, Cyrax, Sektor, Rain, and Frost initially excite me, but as soon as I realized they are Kameos, I was unhappy. I'm anxious to explore the realms' deepest sorcery with Rain and discover his true potential.

I enjoy the decreased emphasis on special forces in this teaser, despite the overuse of Lin Kuei. I'm hoping they don't repeat the over-representation of one faction here, but I think it'll be a lot less of an issue this time, especially given how much more intriguing the Lin Kuei is, even if it does become a problem with the roster. Also, I particularly like Smoke and Rain's designs here; it helps them stand out among the other ninjas.