Smoke and Rain revealed as playable characters for Mortal Kombat 1

Administrator
Staff member
<p>Smoke and Rain are the latest revealed playable characters for the “Lin Kuei” trailer for Mortal Kombat 1. The Last time Smoke is playable was back in Mortal Kombat 2011. After he got killed by Sindel I don’t even remember him as a revenant NPC for story mode. It is nice that he finally gets attention again and this time with a new haircut. In this new Timeline Smoke was an orphan who got adopted by the Lin Kuei. He is not Blood brothers with Scorpion and Sub Zero but he is treated as one of their own. He is not born with super natural magic, so his haze based powers are practical magic. On the trailer, He was assisted by Cyrax at the fight, which means Cyrax is Kameo character. During the montage of Sub Zero’s fight, Sektor is revealed to be a Kameo character too.</p>

Everyday Im thinking of my Senpai
I really liked Rain's old look when he was more sexy and provocative. It added something special to his character. I understand they made him look more serious and dignified now, but I miss his "stripper" style. It would be cool if they released some extra outfits for him in the future that bring back his old sexy look. It would make fans like me really happy and add more variety to the game.

Rain being added to the main roster is fantastic news for his fans. Previously, we had to shell out some cash to play as him, but now he's part of the base game. That's a win for everyone! In his earlier iterations

I have to get something off my chest about this whole Kameo system in Mortal Kombat. While I understand the intention of introducing new characters and adding variety to the gameplay, I can't help but feel frustrated by the demotion of fan favorite characters into mere summons. It's disheartening to see beloved characters reduced to secondary roles.

Take Cyrax and Sektor, for example. These iconic characters, who have been part of the franchise for so long, are now reduced to being Kameo characters. Instead of having their own full-fledged movesets and storylines, they're relegated to assisting other characters. It just feels like a missed opportunity to fully explore their potential and give them the spotlight they deserve.

I appreciate the idea of cameos and surprise appearances, but when it comes at the expense of characters who have already established themselves as mainstays, it's a bitter pill to swallow. I would much rather see these fan favorites given the attention they deserve, with their own unique movesets and storylines that further develop their characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Resident of Bandora's Palace
You know, there's actually a positive side to the Kameo system in Mortal Kombat that we shouldn't overlook. It provides an opportunity for fan favorite characters who didn't make the final cut to still have a presence in the game. Instead of being completely left out, these characters can make appearances as Kameos, allowing players to experience their unique abilities and movesets. One of the great things about Kameos is that they're not just there for show. They can still perform fatalities and fatal blows.Another interesting aspect of the Kameo system is the immunity it provides. Since Kameo characters are considered unkillable.This can be particularly reassuring for fans who have had their favorite characters fall victim to fatalities in the past. Knowing that their chosen Kameo character is safe from such fate can bring a sense of relief and allow players to fully enjoy the gameplay without worrying about their character's demise. Kameos also gives space for forgotten characters to make a comeback and for new characters too

The Mortal Kombat 1 promo piqued my interest and made me eagerly await the game's release. It was a nostalgic blast to see Sub Zero, Scorpion, Smoke, Rain, and the Lin Kuei in action. The teaser not only showed off their legendary moves, but it also hinted at a new perspective on the Mortal Kombat universe, which makes me shiver in a good way and made me anxious to learn more about the new plot and gameplay components.

Scorpion seemed a bit different this time around, but in a good way. He appeared more composed and focused, while still showcasing his signature fighting style. From his flame teleports to rope grabs, every move he made was filled with fiery precision. It's great to see the iconic character maintaining his essence. He is not an Angry Wraith anymore.

JBO SLOT GAME ONLINE SLOT
Smoke's evolution in Mortal Kombat 1 is astounding. They've given him a new look as well as a completely new set of moves based on close range kunai fighting. It's a terrific improvement that pays homage to the original Smoke while still introducing something fresh. I can't wait to master this newly redesigned character.

exuberant
Rain's sorcerer abilities caught my attention immediately. With his staff in hand, he unleashes powerful water-based attacks from a distance, showcasing his mastery over the element. It's an entirely new look for Rain while staying true to his classic color scheme. I'm excited to see how his unique abilities will shape the gameplay in Mortal Kombat 1.

The Mortal Kombat 1 trailer transported me back to my childhood, filled with memories of playing the original game.