Anyone have any ideas as to how to make compound eyes similar to the SIC/SHF kamen rider eyes from scratch? I'm planning on doing a custom soon...

Well, you could try printing out the pattern onto a reflective material and then layering that over a base with a transparent layer on top. That's how some of the model kits have done it.

Alternatively, make the base out of a reflective material and print the pattern out onto a transparent material followed by the covering layer.

Well, you could try printing out the pattern onto a reflective material and then layering that over a base with a transparent layer on top. That's how some of the model kits have done it.

Alternatively, make the base out of a reflective material and print the pattern out onto a transparent material followed by the covering layer.

hmm ok. I was thinking of almost the same thing too. I'll go ahead and give that a shot. Thank you!

闇 戦士
I've been thinking about doing the same thing except I want to get rid of those blue compound eyes on Figuarts Kamen Rider Kaixa and replace them with the correct color which is purple but I havent thought of a good way to go about doing it. I was thinking about using a existing Figuart with purple eyes and just try to swap them out with a few adjustments but all the Riders with purple eyes seem to be exclusive which is weird.

I've been thinking about doing the same thing except I want to get rid of those blue compound eyes on Figuarts Kamen Rider Kaixa and replace them with the correct color which is purple but I havent thought of a good way to go about doing it. I was thinking about using a existing Figuart with purple eyes and just try to swap them out with a few adjustments but all the Riders with purple eyes seem to be exclusive which is weird.

You could get some clear blue and clear red tamiya acrylics and try painting over the eyes with the right shade of purple, or maybe just a thin coat of clear red over the eyes would work?

I think using screen netting used in like Screen doors and strainers may work if put it underneath clear plastic eyes.

闇 戦士
You could get some clear blue and clear red tamiya acrylics and try painting over the eyes with the right shade of purple, or maybe just a thin coat of clear red over the eyes would work?

Thats a great idea.:thumbs: Im gonna buy a extra Kaixa though just in case it doesnt work out too well.

Last edited: