Shows you watch that you won't tell anybody

kyo28 said:
I only tell a select few people that I watch Toku and Sentai ... because it's not worth losing my social life over

LOL, yeah pretty taboo for an adult in Japan.

I guess it depends on the person I know on what is taboo. If I were living in JP I definitely would never reveal that I watched toku. I dunno I don't think there's anything I'd never reveal to anyone.
 
Kyusaku said:
LOL, yeah pretty taboo for an adult in Japan.

I guess it depends on the person I know on what is taboo. If I were living in JP I definitely would never reveal that I watched toku. I dunno I don't think there's anything I'd never reveal to anyone.
Indeed, Kyusaku, you know what you're talking about! I keep my lips sealed tight about anime/toku/sentai when talking with ... well ... practically anybody except my relatives and my closest friend (who also watches it).

Unless (and even then I'm careful) they start talking about it first. Like when I got to meet my gf's boss, he just couldn't stop talking about Gundam and complained about how his wife won't let him buy a 500,000 Yen 180cm high Gundam replica. :redface2: I just told him I've seen a few Seed episodes and liked it, immediately gaining his favors in the process.

I guess it's OK to reveal you watch that kind of stuff, but only if you're placed high enough on the social scales.

This is why I can't comprehend why some people are proud to say they are 'otaku'. If I were to yell it in the street, people would avoid me worse than the plague :rolleyes:
 
kyo28 said:
Indeed, Kyusaku, you know what you're talking about! I keep my lips sealed tight about anime/toku/sentai when talking with ... well ... practically anybody except my relatives and my closest friend (who also watches it).

Unless (and even then I'm careful) they start talking about it first. Like when I got to meet my gf's boss, he just couldn't stop talking about Gundam and complained about how his wife won't let him buy a 500,000 Yen 180cm high Gundam replica. :redface2: I just told him I've seen a few Seed episodes and liked it, immediately gaining his favors in the process.

I guess it's OK to reveal you watch that kind of stuff, but only if you're placed high enough on the social scales.

This is why I can't comprehend why some people are proud to say they are 'otaku'. If I were to yell it in the street, people would avoid me worse than the plague :rolleyes:


LOL, yeah that's why I'm a pretty quiet person when I first meet people, not sure what they might consider taboo. I usually wait for them to let it slip out before I say anything too incriminating. And in Japan so much can be incriminating, LOL. That's an interesting story about that boss. What Gundam is it, that sounds like a pretty ridiculous kit. Even with that boss I'd try to stray from saying I still watch Gundam, like I'd mention how much I enjoyed Zeta, and say I saw it at a younger age. If the Gundam he mentioned is from a more recent series then I might say I saw a few episodes of that series, to stay on his good side. Yeah that's pretty true about the social ladders. I think they exist everywhere, it's just in Japan they're much more obvious about it.
 
Fairly Odd Parents, Spongebob Squarepants, VR Troopers (the shame!), Saban's Masked Rider (come near me you die rising sun ranger! :P) and Power Rangers. XD
 
Rider Knight said:
Fairly Odd Parents, Spongebob Squarepants, VR Troopers (the shame!), Saban's Masked Rider (come near me you die rising sun ranger! :P) and Power Rangers. XD
Spongebob Squarepants rules all cartoons ever made! :D :D :D
 
Yes I've watched Transformers, Thundercats, and other cartoons from the golden 80s. But I think its not wrong of me to say my piece. :D :D :D
 
Hmm.. apart from a few bits of Porn, I can't remember any TV Shows that I'm too embarrased to admit I watch..

Rider Knight said:
Saban's Masked Rider (come near me you die rising sun ranger! :P) XD
What? Are you gonna zap me with your crappy electro saber or something? :laugh:
 
While I try and not be upfront about it, that I watch Power Rangers tends not to come up right away if I'm trying to impress someone.
 
Rising Sun Ranger said:
Hmm.. apart from a few bits of Porn, I can't remember any TV Shows that I'm too embarrased to admit I watch..


What? Are you gonna zap me with your crappy electro saber or something? :laugh:

Perhaps...Ecto Phase Activate! :P
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top