Shout! Factory to bring Gosei Sentai Dairanger to the US

You said you hadn't been charged, but your account said it was arriving soon. I was throwing some very unlikely theories out there.

No, I meant Amazon's listing said they had it instock but mine was still listed as preordered and shipping on the 24th. I had to make a new order and for shits and giggles I haven't canceled the order I made back in July (or whenever it was). I got my order from the other day today but the original preorder is still listed as arriving on the 24th. WTF?
 
Just showing off my non-figure Dairanger collection:

IMG_2930_zpsgfj91iek.jpg


I've watched episodes 11-20 today and hot damn I love nearly every minute of this show. I do have to say though that Shout's subtitles are awkward at times. Some things they will fully translate in English (like Dairinkin to Big Wheel Blade, Mythical Ch'i Beast, and Byakkoshinken to White Tiger Sword), but then they'll keep other things untranslated (mecha, some of the attacks and weapon names, and they kept it Byakko for when Kou calls him by his name). That minor nitpick aside though, I haven't noticed any spelling errors yet.
 
The movie should've been included import prices or not. Not going to pay for it if its half-assed or if "x person" worked their ass off. Especially when I already have the same set as listed by the person about (excluding SF) not to mention have it on vhs as well.
 
The movie should've been included import prices or not. Not going to pay for it if its half-assed or if "x person" worked their ass off. Especially when I already have the same set as listed by the person about (excluding SF) not to mention have it on vhs as well.

The movie was not part of the licensing deal. What part of that is so hard to understand? Toei has never sold the movie with the series, they've sold the movies in movie box sets.

EDIT:

Thought of this while watching disc 8 today:

Gorma2016_zps5qihlan6.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I went ahead & bought it. And this'll be my first sentai series, so I hope the show is as good as the opening theme, lol.

Although, from this thread & the Zyuranger one, I hope they learn how to subtitle better if & when they get to Kamen Rider. Also have to admit, I probably won't buy any more sentai sets if I don't like Dairanger.

DR. KAIN: it was a Prime glitch. They gave me a free trial over the summer & I saw how bad that entire system was. They keep offering services they can't actually deliver on most of the time & since it's not tied in with the main Amazon system, when you do get a special service, like expedited delivery, it causes the whole thing to glitch & lose your package.

EDIT: With the subtitling issues, should we make some sort of guide as to how we prefer these shows done? At the very least, it sounds like they improved quite a bit off the second set (due to the holidays & black Friday, my set isn't getting here for another week, at least, so I don't really know myself.) But there were also some things I always enjoy from fan-subbers that I don't think would even occur to Shout, like double translating the opening theme, or taking special circumstances for cultural things or puns that wouldn't translate anyway.
 
Last edited:
Subtitling issue? There isn't any actual issue as everything is translated properly. The little nitpicks I have just come from personal preference and seeing Kirin spelled that way for 12 years. Frankly, I'll take Shout!'s subs over either fansub group that subbed Dai because Nihon didn't translate enough and the other group over translated.
 
>Not translating RyuSeiOh and the like

Makes sense to me, why translate proper pronouns? It is their name after all (although not translating attack names I get sounding irksome). Would you prefer DaiZyuZin be translated to Great Beast God? Either that or Toei stepped in and said "we prefer keeping the name intact", after all unlike fan subs Shout is able to ask them for accuracy and such.
 
*shrugs* Well, like I said, I'll find out. If no one has an issue, neither do I.

At least this series seems to take some pretty unique direction, from what I've read. Now I'm actually looking forward to this.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top